To promote and support the graduate-level education of students, East-West Center is come up with an exciting Graduate Degree Fellowship. This programme will provide funding for up to 24 months to help students pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at the University of Hawaii and participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programmes at the East-West Center. Applications for this programme are open for students who are from Asia, Pacific regions, and the U.S. and have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship will give deserving students who demonstrate academic excellence with the chance to acquire graduate-level education at the University of Hawaii at affordable prices while taking advantage of the Center’s international and intercultural programmes. East-West Center knows that graduate education is the most significant investment in students’ futures. And that is why it is offering this wonderful scheme that will not only make graduate-level education affordable but also allow you to gain exposure to new ideas, opinions and expand your mind.
East-West Center was opened by the U.S. Congress in 1960 as an independent, public, nonprofit organization. It has been promoting better relations and understanding among the people and nations of the United States, Asia, and the Pacific through cooperative study, research, and dialogue. It is backed by the U.S. government, and private agencies, individuals, foundations, corporations, and governments in the region. It has a worldwide network of 65,000 alumni and more than 1,100 partner organizations. It hosts various cooperative study, training, and research programmes to support its mission. Through these programmes, it brings people together to exchange views, build expertise, and develop policy options.
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States;
- Citizens of countries in the Pacific and Asia, including Russia.
How to Apply
First of all, applicants will have to apply for a graduate programme at the University of Hawaii for the following fall semester by December 1. After that, students can send their application for this scholarship through East-West Center’s online portal.
Applicants need to send the following supporting documents with their application form:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of passport biodata page if available (for international applicants)
- Cost Sharing Form
- Name and contact information for each of your three references
- University of Hawai‘i statement of objectives, if available (refer to the academic program for instructions).
All the successful candidates will get the following benefits:
- Full-time graduate tuition and fees up to the equivalent of the tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa toward master or doctoral studies;
- Housing in an East-West Center residence hall, based on single occupancy;
- A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses;
- An allowance for books, materials, and supplies; and
- Subsidy toward health insurance coverage.
The application deadline is December 1, 2020.