University of Hawai’i Community Colleges is announcing a new Kulia Scholarship for the students applying for the Fall semesters 2020 in UHCC. Students who are Hawaii residents have an excellent opportunity to win this scholarship. This grant will help Hawaii residents to deal with the employment loss caused due to the pandemic.
The Kulia Scholarship is initiated to help the residents whose employment condition has changed due to the COVID pandemic. This scholarship will help applicants complete a college degree from a prestigious college with a demanding and valuable study curriculum.
The University of Hawai’i Community Colleges offers more than 500 scholarships for university students. The motive behind starting these scholarships is to help students with their college expenses and attend one of the best universities in the country.
Who May Be Eligible?
Students must go through with the eligibility criteria set for this program before applying:
- An interested applicant must be a Hawaii resident to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be laid off for the Fall semester 2020 (August – December).
- Candidate must apply for the University of Hawai’i Community Colleges for the Fall Semester 2020.
- Applicants who have never attended college or those who have attended before Fall 2018 are eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online for the Kulia scholarship through an online form if they are eligible with the norms set. Applicants are requested to complete the form and attach the necessary documents through application to be considered for the scholarship. Late or incomplete applications are not considered for the grant.
- Applicant must submit their residency proof of being a Hawaii citizen with the application.
- Letter from the University of Hawai’i Community Colleges for attending full-time college in Fall 2020.
- Candidate must attach a prior education pass-out certificate with the application.
- The applicant must complete and submit the application form.
- A personal statement that includes the reason and motivation to attend college is needed.
This scholarship is hugely beneficial and helpful for the students to deal with the losses outbreak has done to their lives. It will cover the cost of three UHCC classes, fees, and Books. The value of the Kulia Scholarship is $500.
Students must submit their UHCC Kulia Scholarship form before August 10.