The Block Island Yacht Club offers the 2021 Maritime Scholarship to the students seeking assistance to obtain a maritime career. The students who have already graduated from the Block Island School and are currently enrolled in a college undergraduate maritime program at an accredited institution are encouraged to apply for the next time.
The purpose of introducing the Block Island Yacht Club 2021 Maritime Scholarship is to assist the students desiring to pursue a good career in Maritime. The scholarship will grant financial benefits to the students. The scholarship aims to inspire students to work hard and achieve success.
The Block Island Times is a weekly publication providing coverage of community news for island residents and visitors. It also maintains an internet site that provides a forum for news and postings by the Times reporters and columnists, island businesses and organizations. The news is updated daily regularly on the website.
The given table shall provide additional details of the scholarship to the entrant:
|Organization||Block Island Times|
|Educational Level||College Students|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||February 1, 2021|
Who May be Eligible?
To be eligible for The Block Island Yacht Club 2021 Maritime Scholarship, the candidate must comply with the eligibility criteria-
- The candidate must have graduated from the Block Island School.
- The candidate must intend to pursue a maritime career and must be currently enrolled in a college undergraduate maritime program at an accredited institute.
- The candidate must have a cumulative GPA average of 3.0.
How to Apply?
To apply for The Block Island Yacht Club 2021 Maritime Scholarship, the applicant must submit completed application materials to the Block Island Yacht Club, PO Box 502, BI, RI 02807, Attention BIYC Club Secretary. The applicant must attach all the materials adequately without any negligence.
Proof of current enrollment in a program.
- Documentation of a completed semester that same year with a min a minimum of 12 credits.
- Proof of high school attendance for a minimum of three years at the Block Island School.
- The student will attach a brief narrative explaining interest in obtaining a Maritime related degree.
The Block Island Yacht Club 2021 Maritime Scholarship will award $1000 to the beneficiary. The scholarship benefits will be directly sent to the qualifying school to be applied to the student’s future educational expenses. The student will be able to obtain a maritime career with assistance.
The application deadline for the Block Island Yacht Club 2021 Maritime Scholarship is February 1, 2021. Submissions received past the deadline will not be evaluated.