Nowadays, health-related degree programs are in high demand. Although such programs are quite costly, pursuing one of these courses can lead to many career opportunities. An advanced health care degree is worth your time, money, and efforts. So if you have already embarked on the journey of getting health care education, then you should not miss the chance to get some financial support with the help of this Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship. This financial aid program is funded by SHAPE America for the academic year of 2021-2022. To participate in this program, aspirants should officially recognize themselves as undergraduate health education majors at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory. They must have a minimum current overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
To enroll in a healthcare program at a leading college, one might have to pay an exorbitant amount of money. The expenses are not limited to just taking admission to a college. One has to spend lots of money to continue his/her learning journey. From tuition to accommodation, the cost of education can quickly add up, and there are chances that these expenses will not come to an end until graduation. In such a scenario, a scholarship will be helpful for students who are finding themselves unable to meet all their expenses. Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship is here to help students with their undergraduate level education. So don’t miss the chance to get the needed aid and apply soon.
Society of Health and Physical Educators, in short SHAPE America, has been working as the voice for 200,000+ health and physical education professionals across the United States. The organization’s extensive community contains diverse health and physical educators, advocates, supporters, and 50+ state affiliate organizations.
Table of Contents
Get the quick information through this table:
|Educational Level||Undergraduate students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||October 15 annually|
|Requirements||Essay and letter of recommendation|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check out these requirements before applying:
- Students officially recognized as an undergraduate health education major at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory are invited to apply;
- Applicant must be currently enrolled full-time (12 hours) at a college or university for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year during which the student is applying. The student must have sophomore, junior or senior status at the time of application;
- Applicants must have a minimum, current overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the SHAPE America application deadline.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants need to fill out an online application form with all correct and complete information. The authenticity of the information is the responsibility of yours so be careful about the information you are mentioning in the state.
- The following accompanying documents must be sent to the organization with the application:
- A current resume includes extracurricular/service activities (professional organizations, school, community) and any academic honors, awards, etc., within the past two years.
- A double-spaced, typed essay about your approach to health education, career interests, and professional goals – what you hope to accomplish as a health educator in training and the future. (Your essay must be approximately 400 – 450 words in length in a 12-point font.)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from your professors. Each professor should address, to the fullest extent possible, academic status, leadership potential, involvement in health education profession-related activities and organizations, and their perception of the student’s future contributions to the profession as a professional health education specialist.
- A current official transcript PDF of all college study completed, including the fall semester.
The application and accompanying documents must be typed, double-spaced, in a 12-point font.
All worthy candidates will be provided with a $1,000 scholarship that will support their undergraduate level education. Applicants may spend the award in any manner they want. Apart from monetary support, candidates will also get a one-year complimentary student membership in SHAPE America.
Applications are open until October 15 annually. If you find this program interesting, then send your application as soon as possible.