The Bezos Family Foundation is inviting applications for their currently open Bezos Scholars Program for the year 2020. Students must be a junior during the current academic year, and at the time they are applying to the program to be eligible. Applicants enrolled in, or have taken, one or more Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college-level classes are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have received DACA status to be eligible.
The program is created to support talented students in their journey to higher education. These funds will help them achieve success in a much more easy way. Students will be considered based on their applications and essays respond. The amount will be great enough to complete their higher education with ease.
The Bezos Family Foundation works as a private, independent foundation established by Jackie and Mike Bezos, along with their family. Their vision is that all young people should be prepared to achieve their full potential and make a meaningful contribution to society. The Bezos Family Foundation also supports rigorous, inspired learning environments for young people, from birth through high school, to put their education into action.
Get more details about the scholarship in the table below:
|Organization||Bezos Family Foundation|
|Educational Level||Junior Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||January 11, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested candidates with the below requirements will be considered for the program:
- Applicants must be a public high school in the United States (charter and magnet schools are also eligible).
- Must have a 30% or greater free and reduced lunch rate.
- Students attending schools that have been chosen by a scholar since 2018 are not eligible.
- During the current academic year and at the time they apply for the course, they must be a junior.
- Must be in good academic standing, on track to become a senior and graduate the following academic year.
- Must have a proven track record of demonstrated leadership in their school and community.
- Must be enrolled in, or have taken, one or more Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college-level classes.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have received DACA status.
- Must be available to participate in the year-long program fully and attend all dates for the Aspen Ideas Festival trip in Aspen, Colorado, June 25 – July 1.
- No late arrival or early departure exceptions can be made.
How to Apply
Eligible students interested in applying can apply electronically through the online application form. The form is to be filled by the applicants to get consideration for the award. The application will be considered complete by including the below-mentioned documents. Students with incomplete applications will not be considered for the program.
- Must submit basic personal contact and demographic information.
- Must provide general school information, including overall school free and reduced lunch rate.
- Information on your academics, including your:
- Current unweighted cumulative GPA.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed at least one Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or college-level course.
- At least two extra-curricular activities.
- Must submit a two-minute introductory video.
- Must write three short written essay responses.
College entry test scores (PSAT / SAT / ACT) must be submitted, and work history is optional. Your application will still receive complete consideration if you are unable or chose not to apply test scores or job records.
The Bezos Family Foundation will be giving away enormous scholarship funds to students who are in search of funds. These funds will be great enough for the recipients to let them pay for the high-cost expenses related to their education. Students with complete applications and essays will be considered for the award. Students will be able to complete their higher studies with some less financial burdens.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship program is January 11, 2021, at 11:59 PM. Students are asked to submit their applications before the deadline to get considered.