The Benwood Foundation is pleased to offer its “Bridging the Gap” for Gateway Scholars Scholarship for the year 2020. The program is open for the Hamilton County students who demonstrate perseverance and leadership.
The awards are introduced for the economically disadvantaged scholars who are willing to achieve more in their lives. The foundation will be handing over a great sum of money to cover up various educational expenses.
The Benwood Foundation is a charitable foundation created in 1944 by George Hunter in honour of his uncle, Benjamin Thomas. Its grantmaking focus is on Public Education, Arts & Culture, the Environment, and Neighborhood & Community Development.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the applicants must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be members of the Class of 2020 from Brainerd High School, East Ridge High School, Hixson High School, The Howard School, Red Bank High School or Tyner Academy
- Recipients must have a GPA of at least 2.75
- Must be excited about attending college in the fall of 2020, and have demonstrated perseverance and leadership
- Must demonstrate perseverance and leadership
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for the scholarship by filling out their information electronically through an online application form. The form is displayed on the bottom of the main site.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal, or community or business leader,
- Must send a complete copy of the 2020-2021 Student Aid Report (SAR)
The Benwood Foundation will be distributing $300,000 in scholarships to a group of highly accomplished, economically disadvantaged Hamilton County students.
The deadline to submit your correspondence is June 12, 2020.