The Stanford East Asia Library is organizing the Travel Grants for the year 2020-2021 to defray the cost of travelling expenses faced by the students. The faculty and advanced graduate students at U.S. institutions are cordially invited to apply.
The awards are meant to support the outstanding scholars in their various travel purposes cost. The recipients will get hands full of financial assistance to pay for their any kind of expenses without lesser worries of funds.
The Stanford Libraries is formerly known as “Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources” is the library system of Stanford University within California. It has several academic departments, and residences also have their libraries.
Who May Eligible?
The interested candidates must be following the eligibility criteria to qualify the program:
- Must be scholars (faculty and advanced graduate students) of East Asia at other U.S. institutions who wish to utilize the collection at the Stanford East Asia Library between August 15, 2020, and August 14, 2021.
- Priority will be given to those at institutions that possess no or few library resources in East Asian languages, and for which no significant East Asian library collections are available nearby.
- Applicants do not have to be U.S. citizens, but they must be affiliated with a U.S. institution, and travel should originate and terminate in the U.S.
- No international tickets are allowed.
How to Apply
Eligible students can fill out their asked information electronically through an application form which is displayed on the bottom of the main page.
- A brief statement, not more than 250 words stating your research, the need to use the East Asia Library collections and proposed travel dates.
- A list of resources you would like to access (applicants must check availability of these resources in the Library’s online catalogue or by contacting the relevant area librarian before submitting applications)
- An estimated budget
- A current curriculum vitae
The Stanford East Asia Library Travel Grants includes an amount up to $750 per trip. The recipient will get for his/her travel expenses.
The application deadline to submit your required credentials is June 15, 2020.