If you are a healthcare management student who needs financial assistance to offset the burden of your education cost, then feel lucky as the American College of Healthcare Executives is now helping students like you through its scholarship programs. These programs require that the applicant must be a racially/ethnically diverse student enrolled full-time in a healthcare management graduate program or entering your final year (fall/spring) of full-time study. Each year, this foundation awards up to 15 scholarships to all deserving students.
Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarships were founded by this organization in honor of Albert W. Dent, the first African-American Fellow of ACHE. These funding promises have been supporting the education of racially/ethnically students in healthcare management graduate programs by helping them pay for their tuition costs, loans, and expenses. By providing such opportunities, the American College of Healthcare Executives wants to nurture the new generation of healthcare leaders. These awards will encourage those who are doing great in this field and help them complete their education without any hurdle.
American College of Healthcare Executives is a comprehensive community of healthcare leaders dedicated to improving the health of people. This society has been focused on advancing leaders and healthcare management excellence for more than 85 years. This community contains more than 48,000 healthcare professionals with a network of 77 chapters.
Obtain quick information by checking out the given table:
|Organization||American College of Healthcare Executives|
|Number of Awards||15|
|Nationality||US and Canada citizens|
|Application Deadline||March 31, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
These are the eligibility requirements that must be met:
- Applicants must be racially/ethnically diverse students enrolled full-time in a healthcare management graduate program – MHA, MPH, MBA in Healthcare Administration, or similar.
- Candidates should be entering their final year (fall/spring) of full-time study.
- Aspirants are expected to graduate between Sept. 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2022.
- If you have a residency as part of your program and the upcoming fall term will be your second year of study, you may apply for a scholarship.
- If you have already completed your classroom work and are in your program’s residency, you are not eligible to apply.
- Doctoral students are also not eligible to apply.
- Participants can demonstrate financial need.
- Recipients are U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- Applicants must not be a previous recipient of this scholarship or the Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested aspirants must complete an online application form and submit it with the required documents by the application deadline.
You can send the following as accompanying documents:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation (one must be from your graduate program director)
- Application Essay including information on your:
- Reason for pursuing a career in healthcare management / your career aspirations and goals
- History in the field
- Financial need
- Community/Civic engagement and volunteerism
There are currently fifteen scholarships available for students at the American College of Healthcare Executives. Each scholarship is worth $5,000 and can be used toward the educational expenses of students.
Apply for this program on or before March 31, 2021. If you submit your application after this date, then you will be unable to qualify for these funding programs.