AIAA Foundation is actively welcoming applications from talented students for its outstanding undergraduate scholarships. These scholarships are currently available for the academic year of 2020-2021. This year, the foundation has brought up to twelve scholarships for undergraduate students. These funding programs are aimed at supporting and nurturing future aerospace professionals who hold the potential to give their best in this field. College sophomores, juniors, and seniors can participate in AIAA Foundation’s Undergraduate Programs. Applicants should be AIAA student members.
Selected participants can apply for renewing their scholarship annually until they complete their undergraduate program. AIAA Foundation understands that there is a need for bright-minded and dedicated people in the aerospace industry. That is why it brings such funding programs each year that help students gain right and quality education so that they can serve in the aerospace industry in the future. Earning higher education in the field of aerospace costs a large amount of money that a financially unprivileged student cannot afford. With the help of these programs, students can accomplish their goal of getting an education in this field without having a financial burden.
AIAA Foundation came into existence in 1996 and is a not for profit educational organization offering unlimited resources to support students and educators at both the K-12 and university level. The opportunities that this foundation has to offer are classroom grants and hands-on activities, college scholarships, design competitions, student conferences and recognition awards. AIAA is working toward its mission of inspiring and supporting the next generation of aerospace professionals.
Take a look at the table which contains quick information regarding award amount, deadline and others:
|Number of Awards||12|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
All interested applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be undergraduate students enrolling at a college or university as sophomores, juniors, and seniors;
- Candidates are intending to pursue a career in the field of aerospace engineering.
How to Apply
Each scholarship has its own online application form. You can fill out the application form of the program which you are interested in. You can apply for a maximum three scholarship and should indicate your primary award preference, along with two secondary awards for which you would like to be considered.
- Daedalus 88 Scholarship: $10,000*
- David and Catherine Thompson Space Technology Scholarship: $10,000
- Vicki and George Muellner Scholarship for Aerospace Engineering: $5,000
- Wernher von Braun Scholarship: $5,000
- Liquid Propulsion Scholarship: $2,500
- Cary Spitzer Digital Avionics Scholarship: $2,000
- Dr Amy R. Pritchett Digital Avionics Scholarship: $2,000
- Dr James Rankin Digital Avionics Scholarship: $2,000
- Ellis F. Hitt Digital Avionics Scholarship: $2,000
- Space Transportation Scholarship: $1,500
- Leatrice Gregory Pendray Scholarship: $1,250*
- Rocky Mountain Section Scholarship: $500
Applicants are open from October 01 through January 31, 2021. Candidates are required to send their application by the deadline.