Here’s an opportunity waiting for you to help you cross your financial barriers and move towards success. The American Fire Sprinkler Association is assisting talented students through their High School Senior College Scholarship Contest. Applicants who are high school seniors and citizens or aliens legally residing in the USA are warmly welcomed to apply for the scholarship program.
The American Fire Sprinkler Association decided to introduce the scholarship contest to help as many students who are in search of funds to accomplish their education. An adequate amount of fund will be granted to deserving candidates towards their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books and room.
The American Fire Sprinkler Association works as a non-profit, international association representing merit shop fire sprinkler contractors. It is dedicated to the educational advancement of its members and promotion of the use of automatic fire sprinkler systems. It was organized in 1981 to provide the merit shop fire sprinkler contractor with training, consulting, communication, representation and many more services, all of which have expanded over its existence.
More details about the scholarships are mentioned in the table below:
|Organization||American Fire Sprinkler Association|
|Educational Level||High School Senior|
|Number of Awards||Ten|
|Application Deadline||April 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested candidates are asked to meet up with the given criteria:
- Open to seniors in high school who are citizens or aliens lawfully living within the United States.
- The scholarship will be payable to the winner’s college/university or certified trade school in the United States; the winner must enrol for classes beginning no later than the Fall 2021 session.
- Recipient selection is not based on financial need, GPA, or demographic criteria.
- Home-schooled students may also apply as long as the course of study is equivalent to that of a senior in high school.
- Any relatives of AFSA staff or NATIONAL board members are not eligible to enter.
How to Apply
The American Fire Sprinkler Association is receiving applications for the High School Senior College Scholarship Contest electronically. Eligible students are required to fill out an online application entry form. The scholarship contest form will include a short quiz of questions which is to be solved by the students.
Students have to mention the below information:
- Full Name
- Home Street Address
- City, State, Zip Code
- Contact Phone (with area code)
- 2nd Phone Contact (optional)
- Email Address
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Contact Number (with area code)
- Your High School Name
- High School City/State
- Anticipated date of Graduation (Month/Year)
American Fire Sprinkler Association will award a total of $20,000. The ten winners will get to receive a scholarship of value $2,000 each. And, only one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to any single individual from this scholarship. In the student account, the fund will be paid directly to the educational institution to be used for tuition and books for the fall semester of 2021. The money from the scholarship can be used for a term not exceeding four ( 4) years.
The scholarship contest entries will be accepted from Midnight (CT), September 1, 2020, until Midnight (CT), April 1, 2021. Students are asked to apply early to get consideration.