The United States is a culturally diverse country. Its diversity can be seen in its people who come from different cultures and backgrounds and despite being so much different from one another, they live and work united. To promote and support this diversity, AAF-Louisville has brought an amazing funding program named “The Diversity Scholarship”. This funding program targets empowering underrepresented people by providing them with the needed financial assistance they need to enter and build a successful career in the marketing and communication field. Students in an associate’s degree or technical certification program with a minimum of 30 credit hours complete at the time of application are welcome to be a part of this program. If you are one of those who are targeting the marking/communication field to build a successful career, then AAF-Louisville would be glad to meet your financial need through its scholarship program.
This organization has been committed to supporting diversity and inclusion in the industry and as part of its commitment, it has initiated this funding scheme. It knows there are many people who have been underrepresented in the communication/marketing industry and a scholarship like this one can contribute to improving their situation. With the help of this program, this foundation wants to nurture new leaders in the field of communication/marketing who come from different backgrounds and cultures and make the industry more diverse. This funding support is a great help for students whose financial challenges are keeping them to do something big in their career. So grab this opportunity and unleash your potential without facing any financial barrier.
The American Advertising Federation-Louisville was formed as the Ad Writers League of Louisville on January 31, 1906. In starting, this organization’s membership was limited to males of good moral standing who were employed by ad agencies or were otherwise working as buyer, manager, writer and illustrator. Today, it is working as a non-profit business organization. It strives to grow and enhance Greater Louisville’s network of all marketing communications professionals and offering member-centric educational programs, industry connectivity and professional growth resources.
Have a look at this table to get the quick information you need:
|Educational Level||Junior or Senior|
|Subjects||Advertising or marketing communications|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2021|
|Requirements||Resume, letter of recommendation and copy of the transcript|
Who May Be Eligible
- Students in an associate’s degree or technical certification program with a minimum of 30 credit hours complete at the time of application. As well as, junior- or senior-level students in a four-year degree program with a minimum of 60 credit hours complete at the time of application.
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (most recent transcript required)
- A resident of the state of Kentucky or Clark, Floyd, or Harrison counties of Indiana
- Pursuing a college major, degree, or certificate, relating to advertising or marketing communications (including communications, mass communications, journalism, advertising, public relations, marketing, business communications, graphic arts, computer design, multi-media, and English) with the intent of pursuing a career in the field.
How to Apply
To enter this scholarship, aspirants will need to complete an AAFLouisville Scholarship application and send it with the required materials outlined below by the application deadline:
- A resume showing interest, activities, and pertinent experience
- A letter of nomination/recommendation from a faculty member
- A certified copy of the student’s academic transcript (current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Diversity Scholarship Applicants: A typed essay (500-word maximum) that should tell us something about yourself. It should also reveal your understanding of and need for a more diverse and inclusive workforce for the benefit of the community and the Louisville advertising and communications industry.
All materials can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
PO Box 20728
Louisville, KY 40250
Winners will receive educational fund to cover their study cost and expenses. It will make things easier for students who are gaining higher education and planning to pursue a career in the communication/marketing field after graduation. It will remove all the hiders on their way and add value to their learning journey.
All materials must be sent by mail must be postmarked by June 1.