Are you a Law student? Latham & Watkins is offering the 2021 2l Diversity Scholars Program a unique opportunity for law students. Regardless of race, colour, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other attribute or condition covered by applicable law, all rising second-year law students (class of 2022) enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school are welcome to apply for the programme.
The determination behind introducing the 2021 2l Diversity Scholars Program is to provide law students with summer employment opportunities and a scholarship. The program helps to increase diversity and inclusion within the legal industry at large. The program aims to alleviate the financial strains on law students. The scholars’ program encourages law students to work hard and achieve success.
Established in 1934, Latham & Watkins LLP is a multinational law firm that currently employs around 2,700 lawyers in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, that Asia. Latham & Watkins was founded by Dana Latham and Paul Watkins in Los Angeles, California, in January 1934. The first office for Latham was in Los Angeles. Presently, the New York office is the biggest. Latham is the only multinational law firm that has no corporate offices and does not report or subordinate to any Latham office.
Table of Contents
For further information about the scholarship programme, students must refer to the given table:
|Organization||Latham & Watkins LLLP|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Requirement||Resume, Transcript, Application|
Who May be Eligible?
The applicants interested in applying for the 2021 2L Diversity Scholars Program must comply with the eligibility and selection criteria-
- The applicant must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school and seek to practice law in a US Latham office.
- The applicant must have successfully completed the first year of a full-time JD program by the application deadline, with an expected graduation date of spring 2022.
- Proven devotion to the promotion of inclusion and diversity in the legal profession Academic and management successes
- Obstacles, difficulties, or other factors (financial or otherwise) experienced in advancing career goals
- Experiences in life which have influenced values and professional objectives long-term interest in practising law in one of our US offices
How to Apply?
The application process is simple. To apply for the 2021 2L Diversity Scholars Program, the applicant must complete the application form. The applicant must fill in all the essential details asked with concern.
- A personal statement addressing your courage and tenacity (500 to 1,000 words) and how you can contribute to the unique culture and diverse community of Latham. Please provide a list of your academic and leadership achievements; notable contributions to or otherwise made by you to your community; and how hardship has been overcome.
The 2021 2L Diversity Scholars Program will award The first US$10,000 of the scholarship is paid upon starting as a summer associate at Latham, and the balance of US$15,000 is paid upon starting as a full-time associate at the firm to the recipient.
The beneficiary will be given employment opportunities at Latham. The recipient will receive financial assistance essential for the completion of higher studies, and the financial strain will be alleviated.
The Scholar will also receive a 10-week programme at one of Latham’s US offices that includes in-depth legal instruction, mentoring, and real-work experience, and an invitation to Latham’s Diversity Leadership Academy, a multi-day programme focused on educating and inspiring future leaders of the legal industry. Throughout the ten-week programme, scholars will earn a weekly paycheck.
To be considered for the scholarship entrants should apply for the scholarship and submit all the materials required before the deadline. The deadline for this scholarship is now open