The Eye-Bank is taking a wonderful initiative of helping brilliant students through the Young Ambassador Scholarship. This program is conducted for the candidates who are enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college, university or trade school.
The purpose of organizing the award is to let the young generation know about the precious gift of eye donation. The scholar who will come out with the best possible ways to promote the idea will be handed over a valuable award amount.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration holds its position as the world’s first eye bank. It was introduced in 1944 as a private, not-for-profit organization. It is devoted to restoring sight through eye donations and cornea transplants.
Who May Eligible?
To be acceptable for this scholarship, applicants need to follow the below criteria:
- Must reside within The Eye-Bank’s service area that is New York City, Long Island, and the Lower Hudson Valley (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange Counties).
- Must be a student no more than 25 years of age
- Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college, university, trade or technical school for the current academic year at the time of application deadline.
How to Apply
The eligible candidates may download and fill an application form provided by the organization. The form should be postmarked to Mrs Andrea C. Nordquist, The Eye-Bank for Restoration, 120 Wall Street New York NY 10005.
- Must write a short essay, 1-2 typewritten pages, double-spaced, describing an educational or public service initiative in which the student participated that promoted eye, organ and tissue donation such as distributing brochures or speaking to a class or club (eye information must be included).
- May contact The Eye-Bank in advance for project ideas and free materials.
- Must provide two references from current school and a counsellor’s report.
- Must provide a current official transcript and/or acceptance letter from the college, university or trade/technical school the applicant plans to attend.
The deserving winner of the scholarships program is to get an annual award of $3,000. The grant can be used to continue any higher education or courses.
The committee is accepting the complete applications only till 15th May 2020.