The Diversity Abroad Overseas Ambassador Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for the graduates and undergraduate students. Scholars will surely get a great pathway towards their higher education by this scholarship.
This scholarship will be including the fall, spring and summer semester with various awards offered by AIFS. They will be providing five scholarships for each semester and two scholarships for the summer term.
Diversity Abroad was founded in 2006, focusing on the higher education of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds people. They are also connected to hundreds of high schools and college campuses to provide scholarships funds for the deserving ones.
Who May Eligible
Eligible candidates must be following the eligibility criteria:
- They must be currently enrolled full-time at your college or university based in the United States or a recent graduate (1-3 years out)
- They will have to participate in a semester/quarter/summer or yearlong study, intern, volunteer, or teach abroad program.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA at an accredited U.S. university or college
- Must be energetic, creative and have a passion for international engagement
- Must be a leader on campus and in your community
- Must be committed to challenging stereotypes and leading a dialogue that promotes positive social change
- Scholars must possess strong writing skills and social media presence
- Must have experience with photography and video production (bonus)
- Students from the following backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Economically disadvantaged
- Ethnic & racially diverse
- Students with disabilities,
- Students of faith
How to Apply
Interested students must complete an online application to apply for the Diversity Abroad Overseas Ambassador Scholarship.
- Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Academic achievements on campus and/or community service activities (optional)
- A Letter of Recommendation Request (You will send your recommender an email with a link to submit a recommendation on your behalf – PLEASE CONFIRM with your recommender that they are available to support you BEFORE submitting this application)
AIFS will offer the below cash prizes for the deserving scholars:
- A cash prize of $500 up to 5 awards for both fall and spring semester
- For the summer term – A cash prize of $500 up to 2 awards
- Gain professional career experience in marketing, social media, writing, and international education and travel
- The opportunity to be part of the Diversity Abroad Community as a representative of the Diversity Abroad mission, vision, and values
The application needs to be postmarked or sent via email by the following deadlines
Fall Semester: April 15
Spring Semester: October 1
summer: March 1