The General Conference Department of Women’s Ministries (GC WM) is proud to announce that they have opened applications for the WM grant program whichwas initially set up to offer monetary support to women who are focused on serving the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who might somehow not be able to bear the cost of Christian training. The following grants will be awarded depending on the student’s academic accomplishment, monetary need, and local area outreach. This is an annual scholarship program with specific amounts of scholarship to be awarded every year and is subject to the measure of funds accessible. The following grant can be acquired through your respective home divisions.Applicants will be screened by a granting council selected by every division WM director. She will advance the suggestions of her division panel to GC WM Scholarship Committee.
To participate in the following grant program, the competitor should be any female who is looking forward to going to a Seventh-day Adventist school in the division in which she lives. Individuals who are in the last two years of their study program will be given preference over others. Grants will be available to Adventist women in all of the world divisions of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The understudy will be required to study inside her own division except if a special arrangement is made with the division WM grant board of trustees to finish a particular field of study.
The Women’s Ministries department works with the motive to support, encourage, and challenge Adventist women in their pilgrimage as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of His world church. Their vision is to empower women and nurture them to fulfill their God-given potential to the maximum. Their mission is to uplift Christ in the Church and in the whole world.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Contest Deadline||Not specified|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Application form, photo, transcripts, recommendation|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Any female candidate who is wanting to attend a Seventh-day Adventist school in the division in which she lives is qualified.
- Preference will be given to those who are in the final two years of their study program.
- Grants are granted based on monetary need, capacity, and the beneficiary’s assurance to work on herself. She must be committed to serving the Lord in the manner that coordinates and focused on the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Each recipient must sign a “Commitment Statement,” agreeing to uphold the standards of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and to utlize her education to further the mission of the Church.
- The student must study within her own division unless a special arrangement is made with the division WM scholarship committee to complete a specific field of study.
- GC WM shall put safeguards in place to protect the program from nepotism and favoritism.
- Each institution receiving scholarship money must agree that these scholarships are over and above other scholarships that are available to women in that institution.
For further information, refer to the official website of the scholarship.
How to Apply?
The women interested in entering thefollowing scholarship must download the application form provided on the scholarship portal. You will then be required to fill out the application by providing all the necessary information.
Scholarships should be submitted first to your conference or mission WM director who will then submit it to the union WM director, then the division WM director, and finally to the GC WM director. If you have no conference WM director, then send the application to your union WM director. If there is no conference or union WM director then send it directly to your division WM director.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Transcript of your latest year in school
- Three recommendations are written by your pastor, church leaders, and/or teachers.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the scholarship committee and the most deserving and best-suited women candidates will have the luck to receive the scholarship funds.
There is no deadline specified for the following scholarship program.