Are you a child of a child of a law enforcement officer or firefighter who was killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty? The nation truly is thanks to your parents work towards the community. First Responder Children’s Foundation is glad to facilitate the children of this student who are an incoming freshman and are showing great interest in the field of community service. The First Responder Children’s Foundation promotes this student who has a great affection towards the community and truthfully works to serve people. The scholarship will be awarded to any incoming freshman where the engineering major will be given preference.
First Responder Children’s Foundation aims to provide education for the deserving who are involved in community services. The First Responder Children’s Foundation mainly focuses on pushing this student towards success, who can become a great example for other students. The organization mainly focuses on providing support to the families of the great law enforcement officer or firefighter. They were killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty and gave their lives for the nation without thinking twice about their family.
Vincent Bennett passed away on September 19, 2013; he was a Manager for Cisco Systems in Iselin, N.J., for the past 15 years and an integral member of First Responders Children’s Foundation’s inaugural Hero Awards Gala Committee. The Gala is very close to Vince’s heart as he belongs to a family of first responders. He also had the membership of the National Sheriffs’ Association and an associate member of the International Association of the Chiefs of Police. The scholarship will be rewarded to honour one exceptional freshman each year with a four-year award in his memory.
Get the quick information about the scholarship through the following table:
|Organization||First Responder Children’s Foundation|
|Educational Level||Incoming freshman|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Status||May 31, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly go through the eligibility criteria before applying:
- The applicant must be a legal resident of the US
- The fellow should be involved in extracurricular activities
- The applicant must be an incoming freshman
- The candidate must be a child of a law enforcement officer or firefighter who was killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty.
How to Apply
All the students should thoroughly go through the list of scholarships and verify the eligibility of the scholarship. The student should fill the application with all the necessities and required documents. The application can be submitted via mail to:
First Responders Children’s Foundation,
38 East 32nd Street, Suite 602,
New York, NY 10016
Or via email to: Or email to: Info@1stRCF.org
Few mandatory documents:
- The fellow should submit the completed scholarship application.
- The fellow should submit an official academic transcript which includes a recent cumulative GPA
- The fellow should provide Official Proof of enrollment for the fall semester.
- The applicant must provide evidence of honours, leadership positions, volunteer activities, and other achievements.
- Applicant must type and submit an essay not more than 700 words, summarizing personal and professional achievements and career goals.
- The fellow should provide Proof of US citizenship or permanent residency
- The applicant must provide three Letters of recommendation
- The candidate should provide a copy of the candidate’s completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The student should provide a copy of the candidate’s Student Aid Report (SAR).
- The student should copy the candidate’s upcoming fall tuition bill and Financial Aid Award letter from the enrolled school.
- The fellow should provide Proof of parent death or disability picture of the applicant should be submitted.
These scholarships will lessen the load of the finances of the students. The amount should only be brought in use for paying the freight of the students’ expenses like tuition, fees, books, and other students’ requirements. These scholarships encourage students to achieve their goals overcoming all the barriers. The application process of the scholarship is too simple. The scholarship worth $5,000 will be awarded to the student for the next four years till the student maintain eligibility criteria.
The applications are currently being accepted till May 31, 2021, so begin your process early as possible to be the one to receive this opportunity.