Do you know about the authentic scholarship program by the Minnesota Sheriffs Association? If you are law students, you shouldn’t be unknown about it. Students currently enrolled in the mandated POST skills program, or currently, in the second year of a two year law enforcement program or the third-fourth year of a four year college, criminal justice course is welcome to apply. The Minnesota Law Enforcement scholarship is to students with high academic strength and will-power to complete their education.
Minnesota Sheriffs’ Association started Minnesota Law Enforcement Student’s scholarships are initiated for the law students to complete their education with maximum support. Students interested in being a Law enforcement officer will be provided complete assistance from the association through different scholarship programs. These scholarships are designed specially to recognize brilliant minds and support them.
The Minnesota Sheriffs’ Association was formed in 1885 and consisted of 87 Minnesota Sheriffs and their staff. The Minnesota Sheriffs’ Association knows the importance of pre-service training to prepare individuals in the career of public service. They also recognize that some students need outside help in meeting the costs of such training or educational program. Multiple scholarships have started by the Minnesota Sheriffs’ Association.
Table of Contents
- Organization: Minnesota Sheriffs Association
- Educational Level: Currently in POST skills program/ second year of a two-year law enforcement program/ third or fourth year of a four-year college criminal justice course
- Subjects: Law
- Amount: $600
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Undefined
- City: All cities
- Nationality: Domestic / International
- County: All counties
- Application Deadline: 16 October 2020
- Application Fees: N/A
- Requirements: Residence information, Personal Statement
Who May Be Eligible?
Take a look at the below-given criteria mandatory to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should be interested and should have future goals in the law field.
- The student should be currently enrolled in the Mandated POST skills program.
- Candidates should be in the second year of a two year law enforcement program.
- Fellows should be in the third or fourth-year college criminal justice course.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications online after downloading the application form. Applicants are requested to submit a complete application, without leaving any question. Incomplete applications are not reviewed for the scholarship selection. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for the program. Only eligible candidates should apply for the program.
Applicant must submit the following documents with the application form:
- Applicant should submit their personal history with the application.
- Candidates have to attach their residence information.
- The fellow has to list your residences chronologically in the past five years.
- The applicant should submit the personal details of three referees. These referees should be people who know about the professional as well as the academic achievements of the applicant.
- The individual should submit their Military record with the application form.
- Applicants have to answer the following questions briefly: What is your strongest personal characteristic? What do you consider your weakest characteristic? Any Why? Explain your interest in becoming a Law Enforcement Officer. How do you make decisions that may impact the lives of others around you or in your social group?
- The candidate should also attach a personal statement with the application. This personal statement should describe why you are applying for this scholarship in no more than 150 words.
Winner will receive a scholarship fund of $600 per candidate. This scholarship will cover part of the entire course of the student. The scholarship fund should be used only for educational purposes. Along with the funds, the program encourages the students to perform excellently in their law careers.
The application deadline for the scholarship is October 16, 2020.