Vocational Education is a very important aspect of today’s education. Unlike theoretical and broad knowledge, vocational education helps students develop skills that are much needed to survive in a professional environment. These skills are mostly sought by employers nowadays. There are many students out there who are taking interest in acquiring vocational education. And to help such students fulfill their dream of taking admission at a leading college to pursue a vocational education course, Urban Ventures is now presenting an exciting program named “Jennings Scholarship”. This financial support will be provided to high school graduates who successfully will demonstrate readiness for postsecondary learning through acceptance into an institution. Preference will be given to students from Minneapolis.
Vocational education is also called technical education that offers a specific craft, technical skill, or trade, such as plumbing or cooking to its learner. In today’s time where competition is skyrocketing since most people have a high degree and are well educated, having a skill that could be crafting, tech-related or anything can give one leg up over others. This is where vocational education comes into the frame. If you are planning to pursue vocational education right after your high school graduation and meet all the requirements that this scholarship has, then you should send your application for this funding scheme. You could get needed financial help to support your education and lighten your burden of study expenses.
Urban Ventures has partnered with almost 70 local organizations to address the shortage of opportunities in academics, nutrition, physical activity, parenting resources, and more. The goal of this organization is to prepare and send every youth in the neighborhood to college or post-secondary education. With its partners it has been working toward educating kids, strengthening their families, and building a healthy community.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Educational Level||High school graduates|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2021|
|Requirements||FAFSA, SAR, essay and letter of recommendation|
Who is Eligible?
Meeting these rules is mandatory for all interested applicants:
- Applicants must be Minneapolis resident and/or on track for high school graduation from a Minneapolis high school;
- High school graduates (or G.E.D. recipients) within the last 12 months may also apply;
- Preference may be given to South Minneapolis students or students already connected to Urban Ventures programs;
- Aspirants must demonstrate readiness for postsecondary learning through acceptance into an institution of higher education or a high school GPA of 2.75 or higher; certain programs of study may have higher standards for admission;
- Aspirants must attach an official transcript to display academic progress;
- Aspirants must be pursuing a technical or vocational career track
- Candidates must commit to training, career development, support, and coaching via Urban Ventures and/or partner organizations.
How to Apply?
You can send your application for this scheme through the online portal of Urban Ventures.
Along with application, you will need to provide some documents such as:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Four essays (250 words each) and letters of recommendation
- A letter of recommendation. Note: A second letter of recommendation is required if applicant does not meet academic requirements.
Winners will be granted educational fund that will help them meet their educational expenses as well as remove their financial burden. This fund will be used to prepare the next generation of leaders. Urban Venture is doing its part in empowering our youth by investing in their education.
Applications will close on July 1, 2021. The deadline is approaching soon so you better to hurry up.