Are you a photography expert? If yes then this article is for you. Urban bounty presents to you a garden photo contest that offers you incredible prizes to win. The following contest is only open to the residents of the city of Richmond. Anyone being a resident of Richmond who has his or her personal garden can participate in the following scholarship contest. Individuals having or working in farms, hobby gardens, or commercial growers are not allowed to participate.
The following contest contains two categories for entry. A candidate can take part in any of the categories and win an incredible chance to receive some amazing awards. Also, the urban Bounty will pick a winner from each category. That means out of all, two deserving candidates will be awarded picked from both categories. The judges who will review the applications incorporates one member of the urban Bounty board of directors, one member of the Richmond garden club, and one volunteer member from the public.
Urban Bounty, headquartered in Richmond and established in 2002 by the Richmond poverty response committee as the food security task force. Urban Bounty started to be recognized as an independent society in 2009. Urband bounty with many years of experience has been working to ensure food security in Richmond. Their mission is to inspire the people of Richmond about the food system through education, advocacy, and community-building initiatives.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Number of awards||2|
|Contest deadline||September 23, 2021|
|Application fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicant must be a resident of the city of Richmond.
- The applicant must have his personal gardens
- No farms, hobby gardens or commercial growers allowed
- Immediate family and friends of Urban Bounty’s employees and board are allowed to participate, but not to win
- The applicant must be of legal voting age at the time of submission
How to Apply?
To participate in the following contest, the interested individuals are required to send photos based on one of the following categories:
- Best Vegetable /Herb Garden: A photo of a ground-level or planter-based vegetable and herb garden
- Best balcony or patio gardens: Potted plants
Also, only one submission is allowed per applicant. Photos must be submitted through email firstname.lastname@example.org along with the entrant’s name, the category in which they are applying, and a title for their submission.
Additionally, the submissions must have the new Urban Bounty logo displayed within the photographs. The submissions will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Lush and flushness
The winner will be decided and notified via email 3-4 days after the last day of voting. Following are the benefits he will be awarded:
- The judges will choose a winner from each category and be awarded a 250 ml jar of honey, a bottle of mead, and a private one-hour gardening session for up to 7 of your friends at our Paulik Park office location.
- The winners of each category also have their photos uploaded to Urban Bounty’s social media feeds and be displayed on the Urban Bounty official website.
Prizes can be picked up from the following address: Paulik Park office located at 7611 Ash Street, Richmond BC V6Y 2S2
The last date for application submission for the following scholarship is September 23, 2021. No submissions will be considered after the deadline.