The Trinidad and Tobago Cultural Association of Delaware is organizing a Caribbean-American Scholarship for the year 2020. The program implies for the Caribbean descent students who are also high school graduates from Delaware.
The aim of introducing the award is to let scholars achieve a higher level of education with the help of provided grants. The committee will be rewarding sufficient funds to the deserving recipients for their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, etc.
The Trinidad and Tobago Cultural Association of Delaware is a non-profit Tax-exempt 501-C (3) organization. It has been serving Delaware, and other surrounding communities, including the country of Trinidad & Tobago. Its purpose is to provide a variety of programs and services, including scholarships, social services, and disciplined activities to the community at large.
Table of Contents
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested candidates must review the given eligibility criteria to apply for the program:
- Students must be of Caribbean descent
- Must be a 2020 high school graduate from Delaware.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must be able to provide High School transcripts, including the 12th-grade year.
- Must attend one or more interviews with the TTCAD scholarship committee.
- Must attend TTCAD award ceremony (dinner/dance) the last Saturday in September.
- Children of TTCAD executive committee members are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
The association is receiving applications through an online portal. Eligible students are required to submit their application with the asked correspondence through an online scholarship form to get considered.
- Must provide proof of acceptance into an accredited university/college for fall 2020 semester
- Must submit an essay (minimum 500 words) on one of the following topics: Why should you be selected to receive a TTCAD scholarship? How have you contributed to the Caribbean community, or how do you plan to do so?
- Must submit one letter of recommendation showing character and eligibility.
The Trinidad and Tobago Cultural Association of Delaware will be rewarding a scholar with up to a $2,000 scholarship award. The beneficiary is advised to utilize the amount for any of the educational expenses.
The application deadline to submit your asked credentials is 31st July each year.