The University of Delaware is committed to excellence inundergraduate and graduate education, research and service. It exists to cultivate learning, develop knowledgeand foster the free exchange of ideas. The University today is a land-grant,sea-grant and space-grant university. UD is the first American university tooffer a study abroad program.
UD provides students with rich opportunities for discovery-based learning in the laboratory and in the field in preparation for rewarding careers. UD currently offers more than 135 undergraduate degrees. At the graduate level, it offers 67 doctoral, 142 master’s degree programs, 14 dual degrees, 15 interdisciplinary programs, 12 online programs, and 28 certificate programs across its seven colleges and more than82 research centers and institutes.
With 66.6% University of Delaware acceptance rate, It is a large institution with an enrollment of 17,761 undergraduate students. Its student body includes nearly 16,000 undergraduates, 3,500 graduate students
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Delaware?
- The average GPA at the University of Delaware is 3.7.
- This makes University of Delaware Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.7, University of Delaware requires you to be above average in your high school class.
University of Delaware SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of Delaware?
- The average ACT score at the University of Delaware is 27.
- This score makes University of Delaware Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to the University of Delaware?
Undergraduate Newark Campus Rates
|Semester Costs*||DE Resident||Non-Resident|
|Full Time Tuition (12+ credits)||$6,125||$16,440|
|Mandatory Full Time Fees||$715||$715|
|Room & Board (Standard)||$6,431||$6,431|
|Academic Year Total||$26,542||$47,172|
|Total Cost of Attendance||$29,342||$49,972|
What majors is the University of Delaware known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Delaware include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Health Professions andRelated Programs, Social Sciences, Engineering, and Biological and BiomedicalSciences.
- The university offers more than 135undergraduate degrees and, due to the number of academic options, many students complete dual degrees as well as double majors and minors.
- UD students have access to work and internship opportunities, worldwide study abroad programs, research and service learning programs.
Is University of Delaware a public or Private school?
- UD is a privately governed university which receives public funding for being a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant and urban-grant state-supported research institution.
- UD is one of the top 100 institutions for federal obligations in science and engineering and interdisciplinary initiatives in energy science and policy, the environment, and in human health.
- It is considered a large institution with approximately 18,500 undergraduate and 4,500 graduate students.
- It is one of only four schools in North America with a major in art conservation. In 1923, UD was the first American university to offer a study abroad program.
- UD is classified as a research-intensive university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- The school from which the university grew was founded in 1743, making it one of the oldest in the nation.
- The University of Delaware has expanded its study abroad program, which now encompasses over 80 different programs in more than 40 subjects to over 45 countries making it one of the largest programs in the country.
What SAT score is required for the University of Delaware?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Delaware is 1290.