Synovus Bank/Calvin Smyre Endowed Scholarship is currently looking for applications from eligible candidates. This financial aid program intends to provide monetary support to deserving and needy black students attending colleges and universities within Synovus’ regional footprint of Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina. Synovus Bank/Calvin Smyre Endowed Scholarship is named after Calvin Smyre who is a Columbus native and represents Columbus-Muscogee County in the Georgia House of Representatives. Through this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to college and university students who belong to the black community and possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 after one full year of college courses.
This is an annual funding program for which aspirants will be selected based on their financial needs and academic record. If you are one of those talented black students who genuinely need monetary support to continue their learning journey, then this could be your chance to gain the support you require for your education. Students who are residing currently or are permanent residents of the following states will be given preference: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The other requirement of this program is that candidates should be majoring in a field related to the banking and financial services industry. To enter this program, aspirants will have to send some required documents that must consist of a letter of recommendation, statement, essay, and a current transcript. All these documents must be sent to the organization together with the application by the closing date of this program.
Synovus Bank is a US-based financial corporation that was known as Columbus Bank and Trust Company in the back days. It has been dedicated to offering the finest personal service and products delivered by caring team members who take 100% responsibility for meeting the needs of each customer.
Table of Contents
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Synovus Bank and UNCF|
|Subjects||Bank and Finance|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|States||Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee|
|Contest Deadline||October 11th, 2021|
|Requirements||Essay, letter of recommendation, statement, and a current transcript|
Who is Eligible?
Please meet the following criteria before starting the application process:
- Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 after one full year of college courses;
- Candidates should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form and have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university;
- Aspirants must reside or be a permanent resident in: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee;
- Entrant must be majoring or intend to major in any field applicable to banking and the financial services industry;
- Students must be a Black/African American sophomore who is attending as a full-time student at any accredited four-year institution in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, or Tennessee;
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to community service;
- Preference in the selection process shall be given to the following candidates:
- Students attending HBCUs
- Students majoring or intending to major in a field applicable to the banking and financial services industry, including but not limited to: Finance, accounting, communications, marketing, business administration, computer science, information technology and risk management.
How to Apply?
Interested learners can send their applications by using the online portal of UNCF. The applications must be sent to the organization on time since the late entry or entry with wrong information will be subject to disqualification. So make sure your application has the right information and reaches the organization on time.
Please send the following along with your application:
- A letter of recommendation
- A 250-word statement of career interest
- A 250-word essay discussing what they have learned from their participation in community service
- A current transcript
Deserving students will get funding support from the organization to cover their educational expenses. This financial aid will assist them in taking their learning journey further and alleviate the financial burden on them and their family.
Applications are open until October 11th, 2021. Please make sure your application reaches the organization on time.