The Better Business Bureau is arranging two scholarship programs for the year 2020. The program is available for military families’ dependents and also for high school students who are resident of Connecticut.
The organization created the awards for the students to assist them in their future. The recipients will be granted funds to support their college or university educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books and many others.
The Better Business Bureau was established founded in 1912 as a private, nonprofit organization. Its mission is to focus on advancing marketplace trust and also is not affiliated with any governmental agency.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
The candidates must go through the mentioned requirements needed to qualify the program:
- Military Line Student Ethics Scholarships is open for college-bound students and adult learners who are children or spouses of a military member.
- Must personify high ethics demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall integrity and academic standing.
- Must be a resident of Connecticut.
- Student Ethics Scholarship is open for college-bound high-school students who personify high ethics demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall integrity and academic standing.
- Students must apply while in their junior year of high school.
How to Apply
The students are asked to download the application and submit it either by online at us.bbb.org/ctscholarships or by mail to CT Better Business Bureau Student Ethics Award 29 Berlin Road Cromwell, CT 06416.
- Must describe your post-secondary education plans. Describe any awards received relating to your academic achievement.
- The essay must be 500 words or less, single-spaced and on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Three letters of recommendation from church, school official, employer, community leader, etc
- Each letter should be 300 words or less, single-spaced and on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Copy of high-school transcript
The winners of the programs will receive a scholarship to an accredited college or university of their choice. The grant must be applied within four years of receiving the award and will be distributed directly to the school upon verification of the student’s college enrollment.
The applications are open to apply until Aug. 1st for both of the scholarships.