The society for health systems is offering a scholarship program sponsored by health trust workforce solutions. The scholarship is for the undergraduate students enrolled in a course of study that is related to industrial engineering and operations research with an interest in healthcare. The applicant also must be studying in an accredited school or college in the united states.
By applying for the following scholarship one can win the chance of receiving a one-time scholarship award of $1,000. Additionally, he will also receive a complimentary registration to the healthcare systems process improvement conference and a travel stipend of up to $300.
The society for health systems is a resource and support association that works for serving the needs of healthcare professionals throughout the whole world. They contribute to the betterment of healthcare processes through systems engineering, analysis, and process improvement methods.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Organization||Society For Health Systems|
|Educational level||Undergraduate students|
|Subjects||Industrial engineering and operations research and healthcare|
|Number of awards||1|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Country||US, Canada, Mexico|
|Contest deadline||November 15, 2021|
|Application fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Transcript, CV, Letters of recommendation, statement of interest.|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time in any school or college in the United States and its territories, Canada and Mexico.
- The applicant must be pursuing a course of study in industrial engineering and operations research with a definite interest in healthcare.
- The industrial engineering program or equivalent must be accredited by an agency or organization and recognized by IISE
- The applicant must be an active Society for Health Systems student member.
- The applicant must have an average GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 0 – 4.00.
How to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must be nominated by ISE department heads, IISE student chapter advisors, ISE faculty, SHS board members, SHS diplomates, or SHS senior members. Applicants can not apply directly by themselves.
Nominations received or submitted must include the following:
- The applicant is required to write a statement of Interest in Healthcare describing your contributions to, or experience in, industrial engineering in healthcare.
- A three- to five-page long essay supporting the theme “IEs in Healthcare: Improving Processes in Healthcare.”
The following documents need to be submitted with your application:
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
The following benefits the winner of this award will receive:
- The one-time scholarship amount of $1,000.
- The winner will also receive complimentary registration to the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference
- The travel stipend up to $300
The last date for the application submission for the scholarship contest is November 15, 2021.