Are you a single parent struggling between responsibilities and finances? Here is an excellent opportunity for you. ASPSF introduces several scholarships for parents struggling. The parent living in the state of Arkansas or in Bowie County, TX who are divorced, widowed separated, never married with at least 50% custody of the child are welcome to apply for the grant.
The aim behind initiating the scholarships is to help the single parents to overcome their conditions and fulfill their dreams despite conditions. The awards help them to cover some amount of the expenses they need to pay on their educational journey and to set their family for success.
ASPSF started in the year 1984 in Northwest Arkansas to provide financial assistance and personal support the single-income parents. They set to build an organization that would remove barriers in the success of single parents, envisioning a holistic approach that includes mentoring, career coaching, and development workshops.
Who May Be Eligible?
Before applying for the program, the candidate needs to go through the following criteria:
- A citizen of Arkansas or Bowie county TX
- With marital status as married, widowed, divorced, legally separated
- Having custody 50 % of at least one child who is under 18 or at least 18
- The candidate who is the only adult in the home with a child living in with parents or relatives who is not your partner or co-parent
- A legal resident of the United States
- High school GED or diploma
- The student should not have any bachelor degree
- At least 2.0 GPA
- The income should not be more than 250% of federal poverty guidelines
- You should be in the process of Free Application For Federal Student Aid
- Not planning to attend ab ASPSF school or training program
- Candidate pursuing a degree or certification that promotes employment at family-supporting wages.
How to Apply
The candidate should complete all the details in the form with all the supporting documents through the online form. The First Time or Finish a First-Time Applicants must fill this form where else Finish a Renewal Applicants must fill another form.
- All the personal information should be correctly filled in the form
- Required documents proving eligibility should be submitted
The ASPSF have different funds to make the lives of single parents easy. The parents don’t get just a check but other benefits like career or financial planning, referrals to other resources, tutoring and mentoring, and much more.
There are different deadlines for every scholarship application. Applicants must check the official website for more information.