SGAC is accepting applications now for the SGC 2022 Logo Competition. Preparations for the 20th Space Generation Congress to be held in Paris in September 2022 are already underway and this means one thing that needs the most right now is your creative input in it. SGAC is looking for a logo that will characterize SGC 2022 and be used on their promotional materials. This is your best chance to take part in and design the best logo you could ever design and win some exciting awards. The logo competition is open to all SGAC members and the winner will be awarded provisions for travel, accommodation, and registration to the Space Generation Congress 2022 in Paris, France. The deadline for the application submission for the same is 25th September 2021.
The winner of the logo competition is to be announced on October 15, 2021 and will receive a scholarship to attend the 20th Space Generation Congress in September 2022 in Paris, France. The award will include provisions for travel, accommodation, and registration for SGC. The total amount of the scholarship is €1600 with SGC 2022 entrance covered by SGAC, in addition to the scholarship amount. The winner has to take responsibility for additional expenses. The scholarship is provided to the winner after all activities and responsibilities are satisfied.
The Space Generation Advisory Council in Support of the United Nations Programme on Space Applications is a global non-governmental, non-profit (US 501(c)3) organization and network which aims to represent university students and young space professionals ages 18-35 to the United Nations, space agencies, industry, and academia. The SGAC network of members, volunteers, and alumni has grown to more than 16,000 members representing more than 165 countries.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Space Generation Advisory Council|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||September 25, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Participants must be SGAC members (registered on the SGAC website) between the age of 18 and 35 years as of October 21, 2021.
- The scholarship is open to all students and young professionals from any UN Member or observer State.
- No previous design experience is necessary. The competition is open to all – from those who like to play around in MS Paint/Gimp/Photoshop, to those that are designers by trade.
- Competition organizers and judges are not eligible for this award.
- Winners should not receive support from any other source to attend SGC. Should the winners receive such support midway through the program, SGAC should be informed and a solution will be sought.
- In the interest of spreading opportunities to more members, SGAC reserves the right to prioritize applicants who have not recently received another SGAC scholarship of a similar nature. “Recently” is defined as having received a travel grant in the past 2 years, in the same category (either international or regional/national) as this posted award.
- International awards include scholarships for international events such as SGC/IAC, SGFF, and Space Symposium, while regional/national awards refer to events, such as the Space Generation Workshops (SGW), national space generation events (SG[country]), or other regional or national conferences.
- If the SGC 2021 is forced to be held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this scholarship will not be counted as an international travel grant, and winners are eligible to apply for another travel grant in the next 2 years.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their respective logos following the given instructions:
- Make sure your logo design adheres to the SGAC Brand Style Guide.
- Enter your logo submission as a PNG or PDF file (under 5 MB). All submissions must be entered by filling in the Scholarship Submission Form.
Logo designs will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The logo must include a reference to Paris, France where SGC 2021 will take place.
- The logo should refer to space – we are SGAC, after all!
- Scalability – The logo should be simple enough to be able to be scaled down or up and still look good.
- The logo should be Memorable/Impactful – the logo should capture the viewer’s attention and leave a positive impression.
- Versatility – The logo should look equally good on the web and print material.
- Relevance – The logo should be relevant to SGAC and inline with what it stands for.
The winner of the logo competition will receive a scholarship to attend the 20th Space Generation Congress in September 2022 in Paris, France. The award will include provisions for travel, accommodation, and registration for SGC. The total amount of the scholarship is €1600 with SGC 2022 entrance covered by SGAC, in addition to the scholarship amount.
The winner has to take responsibility for additional expenses. The scholarship is provided to the winner after all activities and responsibilities are satisfied.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is September 25, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.