Radon is a colorless, unscented, tasteless gas that comes from the breakdown of uranium in the ground. It is the primary source of lung cancer growth in non-smokers and is liable for more than 20,000 deaths yearly. The best way to realize your home is protected is to test your home for Radon. This is a fantastic chance for educators to include radon training into their study hall educational plan. Through that, the kids will actually have the opportunity to utilize the information they have found out with regards to Radon to make instructive banners that are one of a kind and assist the community with a better understanding of what Radon is. Poster challenge winners will be perceived in their school and all through KY for their accomplishments. Winning banners will be utilized as promotional material to advance radon awareness.
With regards to eligibility, the youngster’s ages 9-14 are qualified to partake in the challenge. Youngsters may join up with public, private, regional, tribal, or home schools. They may likewise enter through experiencing club-like art, science, scouting, or 4- H. The topic of the following poster challenge is radon awareness, radon hazard training, just as the risks related to Radon. The following are the prizes to be distributed to the winners of the contest: First Place- $500.00 Visa Card, Second Place- $200.00 Visa Card, Third Place- $100.00 Visa Card. The last date to enter the following poster contest is November 1, 2021.
The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) is liable for creating and working state public health projects and exercises for the residents of Kentucky. The mission of DPH is to work on the wellbeing and security of individuals in Kentucky through counteraction, advancement, and insurance.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Kentucky Public Health|
|Education Level||Children ages 9-14|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Contest Deadline||November 1, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Children ages 9-14 are eligible to participate in the contest.
- Children may be enrolled in public, private, territorial, tribal, or home schools.
How to Apply?
The theme of the poster contest is radon awareness, radon risk education, as well as the hazards associated with Radon. In order to qualify for the game, it is required that one of the following radon topics be depicted in the artwork:
- What is Radon?
- Where does Radon come from?
- How does Radon get into our homes?
- Radon can cause lung cancer.
- Test your home for Radon.
- Be Original!
- Title on the FRONT of the Artwork.
- Student’s name on BACK of the Artwork.
- Must be submitted on white paper– 12×18 and 8.5×11 sizes are preferred, but all submission sizes will be accepted.
- It can be created with crayons, markers, paint, collage materials, photographs, or computer graphics.
- A message should be legible with correct spelling.
- Copyrighted images or logos are not to be used.
- The entries must be submitted to your local health departments.
The following are the prizes to be distributed to the winners of the contest:
- First Place- $500.00 Visa Card
- Second Place- $200.00 Visa Card
- Third Place- $100.00 Visa Card
The last date to enter the following poster contest is November 1, 2021. No ENTRIES will be acceptedpast the deadline.