To empower and support the education of non-traditional women students in Indiana, the Indiana House Republican Caucus has sponsored an interesting funding scheme named “Power Scholarship”. The primary mission of this program is to make available financial help for those women in Indiana whose education was delayed or interrupted by their financial circumstances. This program will recognize and reward those women who give back to their communities and whose goals and desires for education align with their passions. To reserve a seat in this funding program, applicants need to be currently a resident of the state of Indiana and accepted into a program of study at an educational institution in the state of Indiana, as evidenced by proof of acceptance. The age requirement of the program is that all aspirants must be at least 25 years old as of the date of the postmark of the application.
The best part of this program is that it will grant students the opportunity to receive financial support equally irrespective of their race, color, religion, national origin, and/or physical impairment. Every woman who meets the criteria of the scholarship and is in dire need of financial assistance can avail of this opportunity. This scheme is exclusively available for those women who are residents of the state of Indiana and who are pursuing their educational endeavors in the state of Indiana. Whether you want to change/advance your career or just a stay-at-home mom entering the workplace, who is in need of additional education/training, this scholarship program will suit your need and aid you in overcoming your financial struggles, and make a way for you.
Indiana House Republican Caucus has been serving as a forum for discussion of legislative measures presented in the Indiana General Assembly by having a major forum primarily for women legislators inspired to improve the quality of life for women and all citizens of Indiana.
Please have a look at this table to get quick information
|Organization||Indiana House Republican Caucus|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||November 15, 2021|
|Requirements||Acceptance Letter or Transcript|
Who is Eligible?
- Scholarship applicants must currently be a resident of the state of Indiana. Proof of residency is required. Applicants must also be accepted into a program of study at an educational institution in the state of Indiana, as evidenced by a proof of acceptance (either an acceptance letter OR a current school transcript).
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age as of the date of the postmark of the application. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, and/or physical impairment.
- Applicants can complete the application form and essay online or mail or email materials to State Rep. Ann Vermilion. All material related to an applicant must note the applicant’s name and email address. The application package must be postmarked no later than Nov. 15, 2021. No exceptions will be made.
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applicants will be evaluated based on the information provided; therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on a number of criteria, including financial need, other funding received, career/life goals, essay content, leadership and participation in community activities, and honors and awards received.
- Scholarship recipients will be responsible for any and all taxes that apply to receipt of a scholarship under the law of the state. Applicants should check with the appropriate state agency or with an accountant or lawyer specializing in tax questions. POWER cannot answer any questions about taxes.
- The 2021 POWER scholarships will be presented and winners recognized at an awards ceremony in the metropolitan Indianapolis, Indiana area. Each scholarship recipient is invited to attend the awards event.
How to Apply?
Candidates are supposed to fill out an online application form with all accurate and complete information and submit it along with an acceptance letter that needs to be attached to the online form.
Two scholarships each of $750 will be awarded to eligible and deserving women. One scholarship will be awarded to a non-traditional woman who is enrolled in courses at a higher education institution in the state of Indiana. And the other one will be granted to a non-traditional woman who is majoring full-time in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics program (STEM) at a higher education institution in the state of Indiana.
Applications will be accepted until November 15, 2021. Please send your candidature by this date to get a better consideration.