Potawatomi Zoo is organizing its 2022 annual calendar contest and all the individuals from the USA are eligible to participate. If you are below 18 years of age, you are required to submit the contact details of your parent or guardian. All the photographs should be clicked on the zoo campus and should feature only those animals that are present in the zoo. The contest will be held under twelve categories and you can submit up to a maximum of twelve photos. The pictures should be in a resolution of 300-dpi. The contest is accepting submissions from July 22 to August 20, 2021.
The winning photographs will be featured on the calendar pages and the best photograph will be the cover of the 2022 calendar of Potawatomi Zoo. The pictures will be available for voting and hence your work will reach a huge range of audiences. Participating in the contest will help you present your creativity to the world and open doors for better opportunities. This is the chance for you to take the first step towards your photography career.
Potawatomi Zoo is considered to be South Bend’s first zoo that began as a modest duck pond in Leeper Park in 1902. The zoo is dedicated to inspiring excellence in education, conservation, and improved animal quality of life. Since it is one of the oldest zoos in Indiana, the Potawatomi Zoo has a rich history and building a promising future.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Number of Awards||13|
|Application Deadline||August 20, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
To participate in the contest, the candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- The participants below 18 years of age must include a parent or guardian’s contact details.
- The staffs of the zoo, consultants, volunteers, and docents, and their families are not eligible for participation.
- The contest will be held under the following twelve categories:
2. Macro (extremely close up)
3. Photo Manipulation (filters, Photoshop, etc.)
5. Photographer Under 18
6. Black and White
7. Zoo Farm
8. Zoo Scenery
11. Small Mammals (sloth-sized or smaller)
12. Large Mammals (anything larger than a sloth)
How to Apply?
For participating in the contest, you are required to follow the stated steps:
- The photos must be taken at the Potawatomi Zoo within 12 months.
- You are allowed to submit a maximum of 12 photos per person.
- The photo resolution should be 300 dpi when viewed at full-page size of 11” × 8.5”
- The photos should feature only those animals who are present at the zoo.
- Submissions should be made in landscape orientation only.
- Submit your photos via email at PZSphoto@potawatomizoo.org
The twelve best photos under each category will be featured on the 2022 calendar. The top five photos will be sent to the judges to select the cover image. This is an opportunity for amateur and professional photographers to get their work featured on the annual calendar. Participating in the contest will help you view the world from a whole new perspective from behind your lenses.
The submissions for the 2022 Conservation Calendar can be made between July 22, 2021, to August 20, 2021.