Poetry Society of Texas is organizing its annual contests which are open to all the individuals in the US. The society’s active, associate, and lifetime members are required to pay an entry fee of $5 per poem, and the non-members are required to pay $2 per poem for participating in the contest. You are required to submit your original work in the form of poems typed in black ink in the Times New Roman Font on white paper and send it to the prescribed address. Any line in the poem should not contain more than 60 characters (including punctuation). The last date to submit your entries is August 15, 2021.
The Poetry Society of Texas is offering multiple monetary rewards to the individuals who participate in the contest. This is the opportunity for all the budding poets to present their talent on paper and gain the significant knowledge required to write better poems. If you win, you will be rewarded with exciting prizes. Additionally, you will get honored by renowned personalities, which is not less than a dream come true for any poet out there.
The Poetry Society of Texas is one of the largest poetry societies in the US and was first organized on November 5, 1921. Society aims to enhance the writing, recognition, and appreciation of poetry. PST, every year, offers an impressive number of annual prizes in poetry for both adults and children and continues to be the most viable in the nation.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||The Poetry Society of Texas|
|Number of Awards||100|
|Application Deadline||August 15, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
All the Active, life and associate members of The Poetry Society of Texas are eligible to participate in the annual poem contests. Additionally, the non-members are also invited to participate. The entry fees for the contest are as follows:
- Active, Associate, and Life Members: $5 per poem.
- Non-members; $2 per poem.
How to Apply?
To participate in the contest, the candidate must follow the stated guidelines:
- The poems should be typed in black ink, single-spaced, in duplicate, on white paper.
- Times New Roman should be used as the font.
- Artistic fonts are not accepted.
- No line in the poem should contain more than 60-characters, regardless of font size, and punctuations will be counted as characters.
- The author’s name and address should not be featured in the poem.
- Send the poems and the entry fees to PST Annual Contest Chairman Lynn Roberts Grice, 9611 Magnolia Ridge Drive, Houston, TX 77070.
The contest is held under various categories, and the awards will be given accordingly. This is the chance to show your creativity and innovation via writing and boost your career in the field. You should not miss the opportunity as it may prove to be a kickstart to your career.
The contest is open till August 15, 2021. Please submit your entries in the given time frame.