The School for Environment and Sustainability is organizing the Peter and Carolyn Mertz Fellowship. The program is open for the SEAS Students into master’s studies and registered full-time (9 credits) for the winter award term.
The grant is a way to be a supportive pillar in the scholars’ higher education. The distributed fund amount will be enough to pay for any of the studies purposes like tuition, books, fees and many others.
The School for Environment and Sustainability is known as an interdisciplinary professional school focused on environmental science and environmental policy. It is located in the S.T. Dana Building at the University of Michigan.
Who May Eligible?
The students must meet up with the below criteria:
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.700 or higher
- Must be registered full-time (9 credits) for the winter award term
- Must be SEAS students finishing their master’s studies
How to Apply
Eligible students must submit their complete application materials into a single .pdf document to https://tinyurl.com/y6rtmy22 with the document title as Lastname.PCMertz.pdf.
- Must submit a current CV and U-M Transcript
- A one-page essay explaining how you plan to make a positive change in the world, anywhere from the local to a global level. This essay should thoughtfully, yet concisely, demonstrate how this change will support the SEAS mission after graduation.
- The essay should be composed using Calibri, size 11 font, single-spaced, and with standard 1-inch page margins.
The Committee will be distributing the below awards to the students:
- Two $10,000 tuition awards for students completing their 2-year master’s degree in winter 2020 OR a 2.5-year master’s degree and ending no later than December 2021
- One $15,000 tuition award for a student completing their 3-year master’s degree or dual degrees in winter 2021
The deadline for the submissions is October 5, 2020.