Cesar Chavez Foundation, with the generous support of PepsiCo, is now sponsoring wonderful funding programs for 2021. These scholarships are targeted at promoting the academic success of Latino students and helping them continue their education. Students of Latino descent who are beginning or continuing their studies at higher educational institutions in Arizona and California’s Central Valley are eligible to take advantage of this opportunity. In an effort to make available financial support for talented Latino youth, this collaboration of PepsiCo and the Cesar Chavez Foundation will offer $300,000 in scholarships to eligible candidates irrespective of their national origin or immigration status. This year, up to ten scholarships will be supported by the fund from PepsiCo and Cesar Chavez Foundation.
These are annual funding programs that will be provided to students to fund their higher education until 2021. For these awards, candidates will be chosen based on academic excellence, leadership in extra-curricular activities, commitment to volunteer service in the community, and financial need. These days, every student is facing a gap available between their financial resources and study cost. And when it comes to financing higher education, students and their families find themselves unable to fill this gap. This has become a matter of concern for many people who are not that strong financially but dream of sending their child to the best college for quality education. Latino youth is also dealing with the same problem, and despite being deserving students, some have to leave their dream behind just because they cannot afford it. Proper quality education can help them break the cycle of poverty and better their and their families life. These scholarships are all set to assist students in making their dream come true.
PepsiCo is an American food company that manufactures and sells food, snack, and beverage around the world. With the headquarters in Harrison, NY, it takes care of the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of its products. Because of the popularity of its products, it has become of the big names in the food industry and is serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world. On the other hand, Cesar Chavez Foundation is a non-profit organization of over 600 employees from across six states who have been dedicated to serving over 1 million people. The primary mission of this organization is to support working families, inspiring and transforming communities from rural to urban areas throughout the Southwest and across generations.
Table of Contents
Get quick information through this table:
|PepsiCo/ Cesar Chavez Foundation
|Number of Awards
|Essay, two letters of recommendation, transcripts, student resume and financial documents
Who May Be Eligible?
Meeting the following requirements is necessary:
- Applicants must demonstrate the following: Academic excellence, leadership in extra-curricular activities, a commitment to volunteer service in the community, and financial need.
- Candidates must be incoming or continuing full-time undergraduate students at any educational institution for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Aspirants must be registered full-time.
- Entrants must be of Latino descent.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship is available to U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Residents, Undocumented, DACA, CA Dreamer, or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA).
- Student may only receive awards once. Applicant’s immediate family members are not eligible for an award within 12 calendar months (e.g. siblings, parents, or children)
- The student must be a resident and attending a college in Arizona or California’s Central Valley.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply for these programs through the online portal of the Cesar Chavez Foundation. The application must be sent on time along with the required documents given below. Early applications will be given preference.
- Essay explaining how the statement below applies to your life. Explain how you have exemplified or plan to exemplify this statement in your life goals. Provide your thoughts on what you believe service to others means in today’s society. The essay shall be limited to 500 words, typed and double-spaced. Make sure to number each page of the essay.
“The end of all education should surely be service to others.” – Cesar Chavez
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Student Resume
- Financial Documents
There are up to ten scholarships each of $5000 available for students. These are annual funding programs granted to students to fund their learning journey and increase their access to quality education. The funds are available until 2021, so if you are in need of financial support, then you should avail of this golden opportunity before it closes.
Applications are currently open so click on apply now to access more detail regarding the program and application form.