To benefit the general pediatric or pediatric subspeciality students, NYU Langone Health has started Pediatrics Summer Research Fellowship. The summer fellowship is available for first-year medical students, who participate during the summer between the first and second years. Students must be on track to complete their first year of medical studies by June to apply for this program.
The summer research fellowship program officially begins during the first week of July. The NYU Langone Health started the Pediatrics summer research fellowship to provide opportunities to medical students during their learning experiences. The stipends provided during the fellowship will help the students to relieve their financial burden. Along with financial support, students get real work experience.
NYU Langone Health is committed to a trifold mission of patient care, medical education, and scientific research. There are a total of 29 academic departments includes nationally and internationally recognized faculty in clinical and basic sciences research centers. NYU Langone Health strives to bring together the best and brightest to cultivate collaboration across disciplines. This medical school is pushing the boundaries in medical education and research benefit the lives of patients.
- Organization: NYU Langone Health
- Educational Level: First-year medical students
- Subjects: General Pediatrics or Pediatrics subspeciality
- Amount: Educational Expenses
- Number of Awards: Undefined
- City: All
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- County: All
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2021
- Application Fees: N/A
- Requirements: Essay, CV
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the Pediatrics Summer Research Fellowship, the applicant must qualify the following requirements:
- Applicants should be enrolled in The Department of General Pediatrics or pediatric subspecialty at NYU Langone.
- Candidate must show a keen interest in clinical and basic science research.
- Fellows should be the first medical students who participate during the summer between the first and second years.
- Applicants must complete their first year of medical studies by June to apply for this program.
How to Apply
Applicant interested can submit their applications for the Pediatrics Summer Research Fellowship online as well as paper-based. All the details should be provided adequately in the form, along with the other supporting documents needed.
Applicants should submit their paper-based through mail to the following address:
Karla Aguiar, MPA NYU Grossman School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics 550 First Avenue, NBV 8S4-11 New York, NY 10016
- Applicants should submit their brief essays. This essay should be of a maximum of 500 words. This essay should describe the applicant’s interest in pediatrics, including clinical and research-related applicant’s interests.
- Candidate should submit their updated CV with the application. This CV file should be less than 50 MB in size and must be in PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, PPT, or PPTX format.
Stipends are available only to medical students attending NYU Grossman School of Medicine who are eligible for federal work-study funding. Students will participate in clinical care within the division of their assigned mentor. If interested, candidates can request additional experiences in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency settings at various locations.
Applications for the Pediatrics Summer Research Fellowship must be submitted before February 15, 2021.