Do the wasting of water and its scarcity concern you? If you are looking forward to creating an influential career in water management or related field and need some assistance, do not worry IRWA is ready to help you. IRWA is excitedly expecting applications for its Operations Specialist Training Assistance Scholarship. Any individual currently working in or is interested in working in the drinking water or wastewater industry can apply for these funds. Idaho Rural Water Association employees, board members, and their immediate families are not eligible.
MetroQuip, Inc. founded the Operations Specialist scholarship fund in 2016 on behalf of Idaho’s Operations Specialists. The firm understands the urgent need of professionals who are keen on water management and water saving. To create such an individual for a positive impact, this program has been designed by the firm. They want to remove the financial barrier students face while completing their desired degrees or academic studies. IRWA is highly motivated towards supporting the students with such programs.
Idaho Rural Water Association (IRWA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation initially formed in 1987 to provide training and technical assistance to water and wastewater facilities in Idaho with populations under 10,000. The non-profit corporation is currently comprised of over 350 water and wastewater systems in Idaho. Those 350 systems elect a seven-member board of directors that volunteer their time to govern the Association. The Directors are elected from IRWA’s member systems. Since its inception, IRWA has also grown to include additional members of industry vendors and others that support the Association’s mission.
Learn more about the scholarship please refer to the table:
|Educational Level||College or university students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
Who May Be Eligible?
Know more about the scholarship and your eligibility below:
- The program is open to any individual currently working in or is interested in working in the drinking water, or wastewater industry is eligible to apply for these funds.
- Idaho Rural Water Association employees, board members, and their immediate families are not eligible.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested students should first download the application. Fellows should complete the application with all the needed details. All the required materials should be provided with concern. Inadequate data or materials will lead to rejection of your application. Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Idaho Rural Water Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
6395 W Gowen Rd
Boise, ID 83709
- Please submit the fully completed application.
- Provide a short essay (limited to 400 words) explaining how the funds will be used to assist the applicant in their operations specialist career.
- Letters of reference from your utility leadership or industry professionals are encouraged but not required (no more than three letters allowed).
Candidates who are selected for this scholarship will receive immense financial support. The funds should be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the candidate. Scholarship funds may be used for the following:
- Formal classroom training tuition or online training tuition.
- Books and study material for operator licensure exams.
- Conference attendance fees.
- Application fees for examination, testing fees, or re-testing fees.
Payments will be made from the scholarship fund directly to the training provider.
Applications may be submitted anytime; there is no specific due date. Each annual scholarship cycle runs from January 1st through December 31st. Please provide all the necessary data to be considered.