Get ready to apply for one of the most prestigious funding program named Obama Foundation Scholarship currently available for applications for the academic session of 2021-2022. Incorporation with Columbia University, Obama Foundation has brought this wonderful program. Obama Foundation Scholars Program is created for encouraging and supporting leaders who are dedicated to working for their communities. This program recognizes the contributions that they have made in order to bring out the difference in their communities. Such inspiring leaders can be from the United States and other parts of the world.
This program invites individuals regardless of their nationality, race and background. By taking part in this program, these leaders can take their work to the whole next level through an immersive curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning. Scholars can obtain tools that they need to give birth to solutions to the complex global problems, to make their work even more effective and promote changes through value-based leadership. Keeping scholars’ safety in mind during this pandemic, Obama Foundation has made available the chance for candidates to participate in this program remotely from their home countries.
Founded in 2014, Obama Foundation is a not for profit organization based in Chicago. This foundation runs on the belief that ordinary people can make positive changes in society and change history by working together. This organization is dedicated to working toward its mission of inspiring people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
Get quick information at a glance:
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||February 5, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
- Applications are open for U.S. citizens and residents and non-residents who are making significant contributions to their communities or regions;
- Candidates must be emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers;
- Applicants should have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities;
- Aspirants must be fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken);
- Candidates should have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community;
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form for the 2021-2022 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University and submit it by the deadline. Make sure, all information given by you on the form is correct and complete.
- Send your resume/curriculum vitae which should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
Participants will be benefitted from these perks:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person
Applications are available until February 5, 2021. Late applications will not be entertained.