Nolan Family Foundation Scholarship is currently open for the year 2020. The program is created by the Southeast Produce Council for full-time students who have a parent who is a corporate member in good standing.
The award is an initiative taken by the council to support and motivate students in their educational journey. The grant will be a supportive pillar for scholars to defray the higher cost of education.
The Southeast Produce Council is a non-profit trade association. It has the vision to be the premier produce industry resource for professional networking, innovative ideas, community outreach, and educational opportunities.
Who May Eligible?
To qualify the Nolan Family Foundation Scholarship, the candidates must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Be/have a parent or grandparent who is a corporate member in good standing as of July 1 of the current year (Member has been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and has personally attended at least one event)
- Immediate family may apply if the active Member is part of a corporate membership
- Members who have individual memberships are not eligible.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 semester hours)
How to Apply
The online application form for the program is provided on the bottom of the main page. The form is to be filled along with the required documents by the eligible candidates to get considered.
- College or high school transcripts
- SEPC Member Name & Membership Number
- College or University Student ID Number, current major, & GPA
- College or University Address where the scholarship funds should be sent
- SAT or ACT scores
- Enrollment verification from College/University
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Community Involvement description
- 500-1000 word essay stating the importance of ethics, describing a situation where doing the right thing was difficult, but you did so despite the cost; also mention your thoughts on ethical lessons learned from your experience and how these lessons can be applied to corporate America.
One graduating high school senior or current college student will receive a one-time scholarship of $5,000 to their enrolling college or university.
Applications should be submitted by July 2, 2020, at 5:00 pm EST