Mozilla is selecting Senior Fellows to work close by staff to investigate how to make reliable AI a reality! This small fellowship will offer you the chance to propel your continuous work that aligns with the company’s focus while additionally installing with Mozilla to add to their essential endeavors inside this theme area. They’re searching for the issue- area experts who are, as of now, accomplishing a considerable workaround there. The following fellowships fall outside of Mozilla’s staff compensation program. All selected Fellows get a competitive allowance and advantages to help medical services, mental health, and child care. Fellowship compensation is viewed as a commitment to help a person to support the quest for that person’s study and research, and it might be higher or lower than a nearby market.
The Mozilla Foundation is devoted to reasonable and fair remuneration. As a feature of their obligation to value, they are presently exploring remuneration frameworks across the association, and that incorporate cooperation allowances. All colleagues get advantages to help medical services, mental health, and child care. Colleagues likewise get a venture/travel financial plan supplement of up to $20,000 to counterbalance costs regarding the quest for their autonomous task. The measure of the task/travel spending plan should be concurred with your Program Officer and is expected to be utilized for project work that is intended for public advantage and not for the essential benefit of Mozilla. The deadline to apply for the Mozilla Fellowship is October 23, 2021.
Mozilla’s work is directed by the Mozilla Manifesto. Established as a community open source project in 1998, Mozilla as of now comprises of two associations: the 501(c)3 Mozilla Foundation, which drives their development building work; and its wholly possessed auxiliary, the Mozilla Corporation, which operates its market-based work. The two associations work in the close show with one another and a worldwide community of a massive number of volunteers under the single flag: Mozilla.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||Undergraduate, graduate|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||October 23, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Everyone is allowed to apply for the following fellowship. All applications submitted for this fellowship must be in English. The candidates, before using, are highly suggested to go through the fellowship criteria and see if they fit in or not.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Senior Fellow-Trustworthy AI role, please visit Mozilla’s Job Listings.
Along with a resume, you will be asked to include the following:
1. Selection of a topic area with which your interest and work most closely align – transparency; bias; data stewardship; movement building; open source.
2. A brief description of the impact of your work related to that topic area.
3. Your ambitions in that field and how being a Mozilla Fellow would help advance that ambition.
4. An example of how you approach working openly.
5. Examples of previous work (such as URL links to a video of a talk/presentation and a blog/article/opinion piece).
6. Any feedback you’d like to provide on Mozilla’s Trustworthy AI Theory of Change.
7. A proposal for an independent project related to that thematic area that you would drive as part of your fellowship (see more details on what should be included below).
8. A timeline for your fellowship.
- All applications must be submitted via Mozilla’s Job Listings.
- All applications must be in English.
- No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, incorrect, inaccurate or misdirected registrations or submissions; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, that may occur in the processing of requests.
All fellows receive benefits to support healthcare, mental wellness, and child care. If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, you would be added to Mozilla’s healthcare plan and global benefits programs. If outside those jurisdictions, you would receive compensation to cover benefits (such as healthcare, mental health, and child care) in your salary rate.
Fellows also receive a project/travel budget supplement of up to USD 20,000 to offset expenses in connection with the pursuit of their independent project. The amount of the project/travel budget must be agreed with your Program Officer and is intended to be used for project work that is for public benefit and not for the primary benefit of Mozilla.
The deadline to apply for the Mozilla Fellowship is October 23, 2021. No applications will be accepted past the deadline.