The Big Hoopla is happy to help the military families. They’ve come forth to offer scholarships to the Active Duty Military families and their students, Blue and Gold Star families. The Big Hoopla is providing scholarships to the children of active military families who are k-12 school-aged. The mission of this scholarship is to give back to military families who contribute so much to their country. Military family members can apply for this scholarship for their children’s educational purposes.
The objective behind this program is to showcase the Importance of continued and valued education, primarily STEM. Students from military families can avail of this scholarship and use the received fund for their educational expenses. This will reduce the burden of their parents that are active military members. This scholarship’s primary purpose is to assist military members and take off a little bit of stress that they carry all the time.
The Big Hoopla is an Ohio non-profit corporation that organizes activities for the Dayton region in and around the NCAA First Four and the Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament. Big Hoopla aims to contribute to their Community. They wish to be the source of help to all the citizens of their Community. By granting funds and scholarships, they assist the local people and contribute to their region’s development.
Table of Contents
Candidates can check the table below for The Mission of the Hoopla Scholarship Program:
|Organization||The Big Hoopla|
|Educational Level||Students from K-12 class|
|Number of Awards||10|
|Requirement||Application, essay and video|
Who May Be Eligible
The Mission of the Hoopla Scholarship Program eligibility is listed below:
- Applicants must be children of the Active Duty Military families and their students, Blue and Gold Star families, to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be K – 12 school-age students.
How to Apply
Applications for The Mission of the Hoopla Scholarship Program must be submitted online. Applicants are requested to attach all the required documents with the application. Any late or incomplete applications will not be accepted for the scholarship.
- Applicants must write an essay on their response from your life experience to one of the following topics. The essay must be between 250-500 words:
- STEM Education and how you will enjoy this type of future
- Using your Creativity within your Community that includes Service
- How your families’ relationship with the Military has affected you, and will you like to follow in those footsteps
- Candidates must also attach a 3-minute video showcasing your and your families written submissions. It is essential to include your life experiences and your students’ vision for their future.
- Individual parents must write a statement describing the value of continuing education for their students and why your involvement in the Military has benefitted your family.
- $1,000 cash to be used for academic materials as defined per each awarded family’s need and approved by the Scholarship Review Panel.
- Up to 10 scholarships will be given in 2021 to students and their family at the Scholarship Review Panel’s discretion.
Applications are currently open. Start the process as soon as possible to be accepted.