Applications are being invited for two amazing funding programs named Merjent Foundation Academic Scholarship and David Campbell Academic Scholarship. These two financial aid programs are one-time scholarships that will be awarded to those students who demonstrate academic excellence and desire to pursue a career in the environmental field. These funding schemes are open for the academic year 2021-2022. The goal of these programs is to give a motivational push to the learning journey of students who want to show their talent in the environmental areas but are unable to do so because of their poor financial circumstances. If you need monetary support to gain education in your chosen area, then you are welcome to be a part of any of these programs.
The requirements of these programs are that entrants must be enrolled junior, senior, or graduate students at an accredited college or university and have a minimum cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The application process of this program includes filling out an application form and sending it through email to the organization along with some supporting documents. The required material includes an essay/personal statement, application form, transcript/proof of registration from your current college/university, and a letter of recommendation. Merjent Foundation Academic Scholarship is worth $1,000 and on the other hand, David Campbell Memorial Scholarship is valued at $2,500.
Merjent Foundation is a well-known charitable organization with a mission of giving back to the communities where its employees live and work by lending support to charitable organizations. This foundation is a team of volunteers who are committed and devoted to helping others.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||Junior, senior, or graduate students|
|Amount||$1,000 – $2,500|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Contest Deadline||November 1, 2021|
|Requirements||An essay / personal statement, A minimum of one recommendation letter; a copy of your current college transcript, and a completed scholarship application form|
Who is Eligible?
Please meet the following requirements before applying for this program:
- Be an enrolled junior, senior, or graduate student at an accredited college or university;
- Have a minimum cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Be enrolled in a degree program with the intention of pursuing a career in an environmental field. Degrees may include, but are not limited to: Environmental Sciences; Environmental Technology; Engineering; Biology; Fish and Wildlife Management; Soils; Anthropology; Archaeology; Environmental Law; Geographic Information Systems; and
- Participate in a phone interview with the Merjent Foundation Board of Directors if chosen as a finalist.
How to Apply?
To book their seat in this program, candidates will have to complete an application form that should incorporate correct and complete information. The completed form must be emailed to MerjentFoundation@Merjent.com in the following format:
- PDF all application components together and save with the file name Firstname_Lastname_app.pdf (e.g., Jane_Anderson_app.pdf).
- The email shall have the following subject line: Merjent Foundation Scholarship Application
This scholarship is valued at $2,500 and will be granted to students based on their academic success. Students can utilize this award amount to cover their expenses related to their chosen study program. This support will help them continue their education and get rid of their financial problems.
Entrants are invited to send their candidature by November 1, 2021. Early applications will be admired.