Undergraduate students working with the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center are invited to join the G. McKenzie & H. Brecher Undergraduate Scholarship Fund. The BYRD Polar and Climate Center appreciates the hard work and the active research carried out by the students at the center. It helps them to pay their educational expenses like tuition, fees, and other research-related costs.
BYRD Polar and Climate Research Center McKenzie-Brecher Undergraduate Scholarship were started to help students with their research in the form of scholarship funds and believe in relieving their financial burden by awarding some amount. The University understands that completing higher education becomes quite a challenge due to economic conditions, to overcome this issue university has initiates scholarship programs.
The Students at the Ohio State Arts and Science University and college are dedicated to creating an environment that promotes the intellectual and personal development of high ability motivated students an enriched academic experience through the integration of curriculum and co-curricular programs. The universe offers students with valuable educational programs ad believes in creating a leader to serve towards the betterment of the world.
Table of Contents
Who May Be Eligible?
Students should take a look at eligibility requirements before applying.
- The applicant should be an undergraduate student to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The fellow should be working with Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center scientists to participate in the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in applying for the McKenzie-Brecher Undergraduate Scholarship can apply online as well as offline.
Applicants who want to submit their applications online should send it to the: Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
c/o the G. McKenzie & H. Brecher Undergraduate Scholarship Fund at email@example.com
Applicants who want to submit their applications offline can mail their forms and other documents to:
Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
c/o G. McKenzie & H. Brecher Scholarship Fund
Attn: Michele Cook
The Ohio State University
108 Scott Hall, 1090 Carmack Road
Columbus, OH 43210
Following documents must be attached with the scholarship application:
- The applicant must submit a one-page description of their project.
- Candidates have to calculate and attach a brief detailed budget. The budget can be $600 or less amount.
- Applicants should submit a letter of endorsement by the BPCRC member with whom the applicant is working. The letter should include the contact information within the applicant’s proposal (data such as email address, phone number, and advisor’s name)
Winners will receive the scholarship funds. The scholarship funds are to be used in support applicant’s undergraduate research. This may include travel to meetings to present research, future fieldwork, and other anticipated research-related expenses.
The application deadline for the scholarship for fall 2020 will be in November 2020.