Students who are citizens of Maine have a great chance to win the Mainely Character Scholarship organized by the Finance Authority of Maine. Applicants planning to attend an accredited post-secondary institution after graduation from high school in any field are welcome to apply for a scholarship.
Mainely Character started this scholarship program to help youngsters built their successful futures. These young men and women inspire and make us aware of what is possible, and this the main motive for this scholarship.
FAME was started as Maine’s business finance agency in 1983 and charged with supporting the start-up, expansion, and growth plans of Maine’s business community. The agency works closely with Maine’s lending community to improve access to capital as well as to help fill gaps that exist in the State’s capital delivery system.
Who May Be Eligible?
To apply for any grant, students must go through the below criteria.
- Applicants must live in Maine.
- Applicants graduating from high school in the year of your application.
- The applicant’s high school must be located in Maine. Applications from students attending high school out of state will not be accepted.
- Students will be going onto an accredited post-secondary institution after graduation from high school.
How to Apply
Students who are eligible for the program can submit their required correspondence with the application electronically through an online scholarship form to get considered for the award amount.
- An updated resume should be submitted through the form along with the other details.
- All the details like full name, email, phone, address, high school emails, and more should be filled appropriately.
- Other necessary documents must be filled with admission form.
The deserving and talented winners will receive a $2,500-$5,000as a scholarship prize. Mainely Character Scholarships are awarded to individuals who demonstrate, through a written character statement.
The application must be submitted before March 1, every year to be considered for the scholarship.