Gain a master’s degree of financial ease with the assistance of this Kosciuszko Foundation’s Tuition Scholarship Program. This funding program is open for bright American students of Polish descent and will help them with their graduate-level studies. If you are enrolled at a college and university in the United States as a full-time student, then take a step forward toward applying for this funding program. There is no restriction on study field and major. Students of all fields and majors are invited to apply for this program.
The fund will be used to help students pay for their tuition during the approved academic year. Applicants will be chosen for this program based on the following traits: application completeness, a recommendation of teachers and professors, academic excellence and achievements, applicant’s interests, motivation, the applicant’s essay, involvement in the Polish American community. Apart from this, the financial need of a candidate will be taken into consideration while making the decision. Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarship is offered on a competitive basis.
Kosciuszko Foundation is a US-based not-for-profit, nonpartisan, and nonsectarian organization. It is committed to improving and promoting education and cultural exchange between the United States and Poland, and to increase American understanding of Polish culture and history. It was founded in 1925 and is headquartered in New York City. Its regional Chapters are based in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Springfield, Buffalo, and Ohio.
Have a look at the following table to get quick information:
|Amount||$1,000 to $7,000|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||January 28, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Candidates who meet the following requirements will be offered these programs:
- Applicants must be citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States;
- Candidates should be of Polish descent;
- Aspirants must be pursuing graduate-level studies (Masters, PhD);
- Participants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply
Interested candidates will need to complete an online application form that must be returned by the deadline. The complete application includes the followings:
- Scholarship Application (A1) and Financial Information Form (A2)
- Statement of Purpose/essay
- Official Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Letter, if applicable
- Proof of Polish Ancestry
- Curriculum Vitae
- $35 non-refundable application fee with Checklist
Besides the documents mentioned above, please prepare these documents too before applying for the programs:
- Your essay, proof of ancestry, photo, and CV
- green card and naturalization certificate numbers (non-citizens)
- high school and college start and end dates, degrees/expected degrees, graduation dates/expected dates of graduation
The scholarship award amount ranges from $1,000 to $7,000 that will be a contribution toward students’ college tuition. It will help them cover their college fee and access the master education without facing and financial difficulties.
Applications will be accepted until January 28, 2021. If your application reaches to the foundation after this date, then you might be disqualified for competing for these programs.