Mission Health in partnership with Western Carolina medical society is offering a Kesha young health careers scholarship. The aim of this scholarship is to make studying in college more affordable and sustainable for minority high school seniors and college students from Western North Carolina. Students who are pursuing careers in healthcare are encouraged to apply. The winners of the scholarship are awarded amounts range between $1,500-$2,500 for the 2021-2022 academic year. The members of the WNC community who are eligible as per the given criteria are welcome to apply.
The following scholarship is named after Kesha young, 22-year-old, bi-racial woman. Kesha young was born with mental and physical disabilities and underwent multiple surgeries at Mission Hospital. She was quite optimistic even in her last days. She was a strong spirit and a real fighter. The following scholarship is being offered in honor of her positive and brave legacy. The deadline for the same is September 13, 2021.
Mission Health is a large and complex organization started as a five-room house in downtown Asheville. Today it is headquartered in Western North Carolina as a growing seven-hospital health system providing services to nearly 1 million people in 18 countries with more than 12,000 dedicated team members. Their mission and commitment are to provide quality services and improve the patient’s experiences with their health system. Mission Health has ranked among the best in North Carolina and nationally.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Educational level||High school seniors and college students|
|Amount||$1,500 – 2,500|
|Number of awards||1|
|Contest deadline||September 13, 2021|
|Application fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Letter of recommendation, transcripts.|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicant must qualify as a member of an underrepresented minority group as defined by state and federal guidelines, i.e. American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian Underrepresented (Bangladeshi, Cambodian, Hmong, Indonesian, Laotian, Malaysian, Nepalese, Pakistani, Si Lankan and Vietnamese), Black or African-American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Other Island Pacific Islander.
- The applicant must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- The applicant must be pursuing a field of study for a career in healthcare
- The applicant must have demonstrated interest in future employment at Mission Health
- The applicant must have completed high school or a GED program before June 30, 2021
- If you have ever worked for Mission Health, you must be re-hire eligible and not in corrective action.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form provided on the scholarship portal and submit it. Please answer the following questions and submit your application:
- What are your long term career goals? (Begin with a topic sentence that explains why you are choosing your particular field of study or career path.)
- Tell the scholarship committee about your story; what are the events that have inspired you towards your field of study or career path?
- How will this scholarship help you meet your career goals?
- Please review the attached explanation of the Kesha Young Scholarship’s origins, and let us know why you would like to be a part of the program.
- Please update us on your long term career goals, and share with us any impact the Kesha Young Program has had on the lens with which you view your coursework and goals.
- An interview and/or additional references may be required
You may submit a scanned copy of the required materials to:
Mail a completed packet to:
Kesha Young Health Careers Scholarship Program
c/o Nicole Chilton
1 Hospital Drive, Suite 6300
Asheville, NC 28801
The application form must be completed by providing all the correct and reliable information and attaching all the below-mentioned documents.
Following documents are needed to be attached with your application:
- An official, sealed copy of your most recent high school or college/university transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (not needed if reapplying- ALL other items must still be submitted)
The final recipient or winner of the scholarship amount will be awarded and notified by October 2021. The winners will be given a scholarship amount ranges between $1,500-2,500 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The deadline for application submission for the following scholarship is September 13, 2021. No application will be considered after the deadline.