Young Photographers have an opportunity to show their work through the Ian Parry Scholarship designed in honour of Ian Parry. The program is including students of age 24 years or younger and enrolled in a full-time recognized photographic course.
The award is designed to appreciate the work of young photographers in their studies. The recipients of the grant will receive an adequate amount to accomplish any kind of photography courses and many others.
Ian Parry was known as a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. Aidan Sullivan, and Ian’s friends and family designed the scholarship to build something positive from such a tragic death.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the applicants must meet up with the eligibility criteria:
- Applicant need to be 24 or younger
- Must be enrolled in a full-time recognized photographic course.
How to Apply
- Must include your name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- Must provide a project description giving the details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
- A project proposal stating how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would allow you to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
The scholarship winners will get to receive the below benefits:
- Two $3,500 awards toward their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Winners will attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme, they offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Winners’ work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
The deadline to submit your applications is July 6, 2020.