The students who have faced homelessness at any point on their school journey have an excellent chance to apply for the Hope Starts Here Scholarship. The program is being administrated by the NH Coalition to End Homelessness organization.
The award is applicable for the scholars who are currently pursuing post-secondary education. The applicants must reside in NH at the time of applying and also should be under the age of 21.
The NH Coalition to End Homelessness works as a nonprofit organization founded in 1990 in Manchester, NH. They believe that having a home is a human right and is fundamental to becoming an engaged and contributing member of our community.
Who May Eligible?
The interested candidates must review the given eligibility criteria:
- Must be under 21 years of age before the scholarship due date
- Must be residing in NH at the time of applying for the program
- Must be actively pursuing post-secondary education
- Must be homeless or have been homeless at any time during the school attendance
How to Apply
The eligible students can download a pdf form and submit it either by filling a form at http://www.nhceh.org/scholarship or by mail at NH Coalition to End Homelessness Attn: Scholarship 122 Market Street Manchester, NH 03101.
- A personal essay of 500-1,000 words, double spaced that state the given questions:
- How did homelessness impact your educational aspirations? How did you maintain your commitment to education while homeless?
- How many times have you been homeless and for how long?
- What are your future educational goals, and how will this scholarship help you to accomplish those goals? Specifically, how would you use this scholarship, if awarded?
- What are your long-term professional goals and career interests?
- Must submit an official school transcript, include class ranking if available
- Must submit a letter from a local homeless education liaison, school official, outreach worker, shelter provider, religious leader, or another homeless service provider, confirming current or former homeless status.
- A minimum one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counsellor or other
The Hope Starts Here Scholarship can be used to help defray the costs of college or a post-secondary vocational training program. The recipient will be able to cover any educational expenses.
The deadline for submission is June 1st, 2020.