Are you interested in your community, extracurricular organization, activities, or clubs in which they have participated or are actively involved or currently serving with them? Here’s an excellent opportunity for you for your involvement.ERC Good Citizen Scholarship is taking the initiative towards students in Portsmouth and Norfolk, who have their dedication and demonstration of citizenship within their school and community. And help them to complete their graduation without any worries. And create idealism in front of them.
This scholarship’s primary focus is to take the deserving students’ initiative through these funds and let them receive the best life opportunity. They believe the students are the future of the world, and their talent needs to be preserved. Through this scholarship, they are encouraging students and increase their interest in academics. Their mission is to inspire and motivate the students and improve their academic achievement. The winners’ selection will be by the Estates POA Scholarship Committee and will be based on academic excellence and the level of involvement in local civic causes and community service. They believe that educating the youths is more important for the development of the country; therefore, they believe that scholarship will be a small step towards the development of the country.
The scholarship is named in honour of Mort Yuter and Jerie Newman, past presidents of the Estates POA, who exemplified the very best in civic spirit and dedication. Over fifty years, Mort and Jerie were too much involved in many Garden City citizen organizations. They are trying to reduce the students’ burden through these academics and help them achieve their goals. They believe that the youths can change the world and improve the country’s left.
Kindly go through the table below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||The Heart of Garden City|
|Educational Level||High school senior|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Status||April 23, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please see the checklist below for being eligible for the respected scholarship
- Candidate must be in 12th grade at a public or private high school,
- The applicants must be living in the Estates section of Garden City,
- Fellows must. Have a parent/guardian who has paid dues to the Estates POA for the past two years,
- Candidate must be accepted to a 4-year college and planning on attending full-time in the fall, and
- Students should Participate in local civic causes, community service, or extracurricular activities or clubs.
How to Apply
All applications and letters of recommendation must be submitted via email Applicants must submit all the required documents and letters of recommendation and Mail the completed application to Scholarship Committee Chair, G.C. Estates POA, P.O. Box 282, Garden City, New York 11530 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go through the required documents for the scholarship are given below:
- The fellow must Attach a transcript of grades from 9th grade to the end of the 2 nd quarter of 12th grade,
- Candidates must complete this form and the attached sheet or a resume listing community service,
- Students should provide a letter of recommendation from the person in charge of one of those activities,
- The fellow should Write a short essay (one paragraph) describing why you became involved with that particular activity and the impact, outcome, or benefit of their involvement
These scholarships will help the students and the family members to reduce their burden of educational expenses. The amount should be used for expenses like paying the students’ expenses like tuition, fees, books, and other students’ requirements. This scholarship will increase the students’ interest in their studies and help them see the world differently. These scholarships encourage students to achieve their goals overcoming all obstacles through literacy.
They are accepting the application till April 23, 2021, so begin your process soon to be the one to receive this opportunity.