Gettysburg garden club is pleased to offer a scholarship for the students pursuing a career in various fields. Students studying biology, floriculture, botany, plant pathology, wildlife science have an excellent opportunity to grab this scholarship. Even the students planning to pursue their careers in landscape architecture, land management, and environmental control planning of rural and urban areas can apply for this scholarship. Interested candidates must be residents of Adams County, Pennsylvania.
Gettysburg Garden Club strives to help the youth of Adams County financially to contribute to the development of their community. Their objective is to beautify their neighbourhood and also encourage the youth that thrives on doing the same. By providing scholarships, they aim to reduce their financial burden and also encourage them with their goals. The process of these programs is designed exceptionally simple.
The Gettysburg Garden Club participates in various projects around Adams County that aim to enrich their community. They are involved in multiple activities that promote the cultural development of their region. Gettysburg Garden Club’s purpose is to stimulate interest in gardening and connect those who share similar interests. They contribute to their community by providing help to students interested in beautification projects that may bring civic pride to Pennsylvania.
Interested applicants can check the following table for more information about the scholarship:
|Organization||Gettysburg garden club|
|Subjects||Horticulture, forestry, botany, Urban Planning and relevant fields|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, one or more letters of recommendation, transcript, photograph.|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility criteria for the Gettysburg Garden Club Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be residents of Adams County, Pennsylvania, to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The students planning to apply for the scholarship must be enrolled in the college or university in-state or out.
- Individuals planning to apply must have good academic standing to be eligible for the scholarship.
- If candidates are the children, grandchildren, or legal dependents of a Federated Garden Club member, additional five points.
How to Apply
Students are requested to follow the deadlines strictly. Any late or incomplete, the Club will not accept plications. Submit all the mandatory documents with the application. Students can submit the forms online as well as through the mail. Candidates applying through mail can submit their applications at the following address:
Rita Bennett 948 Boyd’s School Road,
Gettysburg, PA 17325.
- Students submit their recent official transcripts of academic records, including the latest grading period.
- Applicants must submit the completed financial need form.
- A letter describing your special interests, background, goals, financial needs and personal commitment, etc. Fellows can make it brief, but the letter should exceed more than two pages.
- Three letters of recommendation must be attached with the application. These letters must be from any professional; letters from family members or friends will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Individuals must submit a photograph of a size less than 2 ½” x 3 ½”.
Winners will receive the Gettysburg Garden Club Scholarship with the reward of $1500. This scholarship award will help students take off the financial burden of the students. With financial assistance, students can focus on their academics. This scholarship money can be used for educational expenses such as tuition fees, books, and other mandatory requirements.
Applications are currently open. The deadline for the Gettysburg Garden Club Scholarship is April 15, 2021.