Gensler Scholarship ProgramsGensler, a well-known architecture firm, is now assisting creative students through their two scholarship programs conducted for the year 2020. These two scholarship programs are open for the Black or African American students engaged in the field of architecture or interior design. Applicants must be enrolled at a U.S. not-for-profit educational institution who will begin their final year of a NAAB accredited architecture program in the Fall of 2021 to be eligible.
The firm believes in bringing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and points of view to work at Gensler. These scholarship programs will act as a great help for under-represented Black students in accomplishing their higher education with ease. The recipients of the scholarship program will get help to pay for their several high-cost expenses related to their studies such as tuition, fees, books.
Gensler works as a global design and architecture firm. Gensler offers a variety of project forms for customers around the world, grouped into 16 diverse practice areas covering a wide range of industries. In 2017, it generated $1.197 billion in revenue, the most of any architecture firm in the United States. As of 2018, the company operated offices in 48 cities in 16 countries worldwide, working for clients in over 100 countries.
Below is the table for more information about scholarships:
|Educational Level||All Students|
|Subjects||Interior Design & Architecture|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||January 16, 2022|
|Requirement||Application, Design, Resume|
Who May Be Eligible?
For the scholarship programme, applicants with the qualifications below will be considered:
- Open to black students enrolled at a U.S. not-for-profit educational institution who will begin their final year of a NAAB accredited architecture program in the Fall of 2021
- Must identify as Black or African American
- Must be enrolled in an architecture program
- Should be enrolled in a programme for interior design
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship program, eligible candidates can fill out their required details electronically. The students will be required to fill out an online application form. Applicants first need to log in with their credentials to get access to the scholarship program and provide every mentioned document with the application to get consideration. Late or incomplete applications by students will not be considered.
- A Letter of Recommendation from the dean or chair of the program. The letter must confirm that the applicant meets the eligibility criteria and describe their professional excellence.
- Design Challenge Sketch and explanation.
- One advanced-level architecture project with a written description in 500 words and ten pages, maximum. Work done with a single partner may be submitted, but it must include a description of the applicant’s specific contribution and a letter of support from the applicant’s collaborative partner. Finalists will be invited to submit a digital video that introduces themselves to the jury and presents their work.
- Finalists will be invited to submit a digital video that introduces themselves to the jury and presents their work.
The Genser firm has awarded nearly $300,000 in academic scholarships to students and graduates over the last 20 years. This year Genser is awarding 5 Tuition scholarships worth $10,000 each through their Rising Black Designers Program. These funds will assist students financially in covering up various expenses related to their studies and other purposes. The amount will be great enough to pay for various tuition fees, books, etc.
This year’s scholarships opened in October 2020 and will close on January 16, 2022.