Like every year, generation study abroad scholarships has got you two different scholarship programs funded by various organizations. One is being funded by AIFS itself, and the other is by the University of Limerick. Both scholarships follow different eligibility criteria and application procedures which we will discuss later in the article in detail.
The purpose of both the scholarships is to provide financial assistance to the students who move abroad for high education purposes and have to go through a tremendous struggle to adjust there. The generation study abroad scholarships help such students lessen their financial burden and not worry about the expenses.
AIFS Abroad is one of the numerous divisions of AIFS Inc, owned by the U.K. charity set up by Sir Cyril Taylor, the founder of AIFS. AIFS is perceived as a market leader of study abroad programs. Since 1964, over 1.5 million students have voyaged abroad with AIFS.
The University of Limerick (U.L.) is situated on the west coast of Ireland along the beautiful River Shannon. U.L. offers more than 70 undergraduate programs across Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education and Health Sciences; Science and Engineering and the Kemmy Business School. U.L. additionally conveys a solid postgraduate contribution with over 100 postgraduate programs to Doctoral and Post-doctoral.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Educational level||College Student|
|Number of awards||Not defined|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Contest deadline||October 1, 2021|
|Application fees||$300, $95|
|Requirements||Transcripts, recommendation letter, personal statement, a document of financial need|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicants must meet the minimum requirements for the program to which they are applying
- The applicant must have at least a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a full-time program in the U.S.
- The applicant must have a major in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics program.
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 cumulative grading scale)
How to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, interested applicants are required to fill out the application form with all the correct information and documents asked. Additionally, the applicants are asked to write the following essays and attach them with their application:
- Standard Essay- Typed 1,000-word Essay on the topic: “How does study abroad fit into your academic and career goals, and what will you do to promote study abroad on your campus upon your return?”
- Maynooth Essay- Typed 1,000-word Essay on the topic: “Why you chose the AIFS Maynooth program (i.e. location, heritage, academics, program offerings, etc.)? How will this study abroad program complement your academic and career goals?”
- John S. Linakis Essay- Typed 2,000- word essay on the topic: discuss how studying abroad fits into your academic and career goals; which social justice and humanitarian issues are important to you and why; how studying abroad will influence your commitment to social change.
To apply for this scholarship, the candidate is required to submit the following requirements through the email email@example.com
- Transcript of your current school or college
- Recommendation letter from your STEM professor
- Personal statement
Your personal statement must satisfy all the below-given requirements:
- the interest, ability and potential of the candidate to study abroad
- the existence and severity of any disadvantages or barriers which may prevent or impede the candidate from studying abroad
- how receiving the IIE Generation Study Abroad Scholarship from U.L. will benefit the candidate
- the candidate’s motivation, commitment and disposition to benefit from a successful study abroad experience.
Following are the documents required to apply for the scholarship mentioned above programs:
- For AIFS, the document of financial need is required.
- For U.L., your transcript of results and a recommendation letter from your STEM professor is required.
Following are the benefits that you will receive by applying for the following scholarships:
- For AIFS: The cash prize of $500/scholarship, up to 10 awards.
- For U.L.: The cash prize of €500 (based on the U.S. exchange rate)
The last date for the application submission for both scholarships is October 1, 2021.