Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship Fund is now granting fabulous funding programs for students for the academic year 2020-2021. These scholarship programs are aimed at promoting excellence in education and cultivating more opportunities for youth to seek higher education. The organization will offer young adults a financial scholarship while other children in the community tutorial and mentoring assistance. These scholarships are reserved for students who are graduating high school seniors at the date of application, class of 2021. Applicants must belong to the African American community.
Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship Fund organization offers up to two scholarships to eligible students. This organization believes that higher education is a great investment in the future of a student and no student is deprived of gaining quality higher education. With the help of these scholarships, the organization wants to help in educating youth. Furthermore, these programs are boon for those students who belong to a low-income family and cannot afford to earn higher education at reputed colleges. These scholarships will also act as a confidence booster for high achieving students. By receiving these scholarships, students can ease up their financial burden and achieve their educational dreams.
Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship Fund is a nonprofit organization providing financial help to students to acquire higher education. It mainly offers scholarships to students who are academically talented but financially disadvantaged. The foundation was established in the memory of two of its family members, Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars who had been dedicated throughout their life to educating youth and lifting them to glorify the Lord.
Through this table, you can get quick information about scholarships:
|Organization||Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship Fund
|Educational Level||High school|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||April 5, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
Please meet the following requirements before applying:
- Be a graduating high school senior at the date of application, class of2021;
- Be an African American;
- Be a resident of one of the following counties in the Greater Austin area (Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson);
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or 4.0 on a 5.0 scale) or B average;
- Seeking an undergraduate degree in Education, Theology, or Minor in Religion;
- Plan to enrol in a degree-seeking program at an accredited U.S. college or university full-time in the fall of2021.
How to Apply
All applicants will need to complete an application form that must be returned with all required documents to:
Fannie Bowzerand Gomillion Byars
Scholarship Selection Committee
P.O. Box 151592 Austin, Texas 78715 512-376-6816
The application form must include the following documents:
- An official copy of your high school transcript
- One appropriate 2 x 3 recent photograph of you only
- One page, typed essay from one of the following topics:
- Every generation faces its unique challenges. Describe what you see is the most
- Significant and unique challenge your generation faces in the 21 Century.
- Why you should be considered for the Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship.
- Describe a leader that you admire. Explain the leadership qualities that he or she exhibits and why
- You look up to him or her. This individual does not have to be famous or well-known.
- Describe how the Fannie Bowzer and Gomillion Byars Scholarship will help you prepare for a global
- The world that is both technologically advanced and culturally diverse.
- Two letters from two school officials or teachers.
Students will be provided with the educational fund that will help them pursue higher education at a college of their choice. This fund will cover students’ education-related expenses including tuition, fee, book, and supplies, and let them focus on their education.
The application deadline is April 5, 2021.